Island Escape cancelled for November

Stevio

Just a thought on the transfer from I.E. to Spirit . The I.E. has about 1600approx berths , while the Spirit has 1300approx berths , so if the I.E. was sold out for our sailing Jan 22nd 2011 there is going to be a "squeeze". Could be 300 sad faces .

We are a party of 3 couples , so hope it doesnt get to a split of holiday offers as we havent had any notification yet from Tommy Cook who we booked with . :confused:

Just a thought on the transfer from I.E. to Spirit . The I.E. has about 1600approx berths , while the Spirit has 1300approx berths , so if the I.E. was sold out for our sailing Jan 22nd 2011 there is going to be a "squeeze". Could be 300 sad faces .

We are a party of 3 couples , so hope it doesnt get to a split of holiday offers as we havent had any notification yet from Tommy Cook who we booked with . :confused:

Yes was thinking the same thing,,:( why dont you get TC to phone Island Cruises and try and arrange your berths rather than wait for the letter as you know all about it anyway , it,s worth a try :rolleyes:

mrs.c

Aaaaa hhaaaa, one step ahead of you on that one. We sail on Jan. 14th. We do not have a letter as yet but thought that we would call and investigate. No good. :cool: I am guessing that the letters are operated in some sort of unorganised queing order, that is to say that unless you have one you can not jump in front of those who do. I gather that people are being dealt with in order of when they made the booking.

I wonder if this is the same for those who booked via a travel agent vs those who booked on the internet?? I'll be glad when we know exactly where we stand. :confused:

Aaaaa hhaaaa, one step ahead of you on that one. We sail on Jan. 14th. We do not have a letter as yet but thought that we would call and investigate. No good. :cool: I am guessing that the letters are operated in some sort of unorganised queing order, that is to say that unless you have one you can not jump in front of those who do. I gather that people are being dealt with in order of when they made the booking.

I wonder if this is the same for those who booked via a travel agent vs those who booked on the internet?? I'll be glad when we know exactly where we stand. :confused:

Was it your TA agent that you phoned :confused: after all you are not queue jumping as you are booked anyway so cannot understand how they cannot tell you anything

mrs.c

Havn't had a letter yet, but have changed.

Our TA just phoned to see which cabin we would like they have given us deck 7 delux ( she had a choice of 3 ) and did not want to leave it to late :D we had booked deck 8 on the IE and had also prebooked our cabin , so very happy thats it,s all sorted now :) Roll on hogmaney :p

mrs.c

Was it your TA agent that you phoned :confused: after all you are not queue jumping as you are booked anyway so cannot understand how they cannot tell you anything

mrs.c

Hubby made the booking via the Thomson's website back in June I believe. My theory is that Thomson has only recently decided to cancel the January schedule and as such need an organised way to handle the 'floodgate' of confirmed bookings that now need to be rearranged.

They did say that as we were previously booked on the 'Diamond' deck, we would likely to be resettled to deck 1 or 2 on the Spirit. We have never been on the Island Escape so I will never know if that is a reasonable trade.

I don't have a problem with the Spirit, we had a wonderful time on it in September. I would, however,be happier if I knew we had a room in our preferred area of the ship.

It's our 25th wedding anniversary present to ourselves so I guess I am just being a bit concerned that something is going to dampen the occasion. I guess we are all in .... the same boat ... :D (see what I did there).

Does anyone know of any official explanation to what has happened and the official procedure for handling things? I would have thought that they would go to some lengths to put something on their website. :confused:

Hubby made the booking via the Thomson's website back in June I believe. My theory is that Thomson has only recently decided to cancel the January schedule and as such need an organised way to handle the 'floodgate' of confirmed bookings that now need to be rearranged.

They did say that as we were previously booked on the 'Diamond' deck, we would likely to be resettled to deck 1 or 2 on the Spirit. We have never been on the Island Escape so I will never know if that is a reasonable trade.

I don't have a problem with the Spirit, we had a wonderful time on it in September. I would, however,be happier if I knew we had a room in our preferred area of the ship.

It's our 25th wedding anniversary present to ourselves so I guess I am just being a bit concerned that something is going to dampen the occasion. I guess we are all in .... the same boat ... :D (see what I did there).

Does anyone know of any official explanation to what has happened and the official procedure for handling things? I would have thought that they would go to some lengths to put something on their website. :confused:

I for one don,t think that given that you were booked on deck 6 on the IE is deck 1/2 the equivalent maybe if they had given you 3/4 it would have been better you should push for this

mrs.c

Thanks Mrs C.

I'm not convinced either, but not knowing the I.E I didn't like to say. We will definately pose the question to the powers to be and see what happens.

I feel a bit like Charlie who is looking for that magic golden ticket to come thru the door, except no chocolate involved.

What will be interesting? is will they carry on with the formal stuff on the Spirit or will they carry over the Island escape Informality.

Answers on a post card please c/o Rebel Rouser :D

as Spirit is a direct replacement for Escape, at least for those who can fit in as she has less capacity. I would expect them to drop the formal night for these sailings or they could keep it and relax the dress code.

I joined this thread late so I don't know when people are sailing but as I am not leaving until January, I look forward to hearing all the details of how the newly arranged cruise goes.

As someone who has never sailed on the I.E, I am curious as to why people seem so concerned as to whether the Spirit will be formal or informal. That's not meant to be a criticism, I just don't understand. I have sailed on both the Destiny and the Spirit and while they do have 1 night of formality (Captain's Cocktails) I wouldn't consider dressing smart - (ie no shorts, or jeans)... to be a problem. I don't consider it to be formal.

I just don't understand. I'm sure that one day we will find ourselves on revamped I.E, then maybe I can make a comparison.

I joined this thread late so I don't know when people are sailing but as I am not leaving until January, I look forward to hearing all the details of how the newly arranged cruise goes.

As someone who has never sailed on the I.E, I am curious as to why people seem so concerned as to whether the Spirit will be formal or informal. That's not meant to be a criticism, I just don't understand. I have sailed on both the Destiny and the Spirit and while they do have 1 night of formality (Captain's Cocktails) I wouldn't consider dressing smart - (ie no shorts, or jeans)... to be a problem. I don't consider it to be formal.

I just don't understand. I'm sure that one day we will find ourselves on revamped I.E, then maybe I can make a comparison.

Hi Tina1uk

The wife & I both fell in love with the Ocean Village style of eating what you like, when you like and as much or as little as you like. No problem with most kinds of casual dress but the thought of formal nights fill me with dread. I witnessed the higher class side of an NCL cruise with them all lining up for dinner at the appointed time with the correct style of black tuxedo one night & the white one the next.:eek:

I think people like myself, who have to conform to a dress code all year at work, are looking for something a bit different for holidays. Our Nov 19th replacement cruise on the Destiny has us a bit worried as the main restaurant has set dining times, & that reason alone would have led to us avoiding booking this particular cruise.

hi all going on escape 6 dec well that was till today got letter to say the spirt will be do all escape cruise in dec

Hi Billuk44

At least the Spirit has a flexible open seating policy to its restaurant & dining times.

Tina1uk, exactly what stevio said, I couldn't have put it better my self. We like the laid back style of the good ship IE. Im just a worker who likes the simple stuff in life, and bugger wearing a suit/tux to dinner.

Chino's and smart shirt for me :D

RR I so agree with you that was why I booked IE so don't have to dress up and just be myself :)

This cruise has been doomed from the start. Transferred to Thomson Destiny as you know. Now have had to cancelled whole cruise as husband is not well. Having to claim on insurance. Roll on next year and when we will be able to get back on IE.

Have a great cruise Stevio and I look forward to hearing all about it when you come back.

RR where is IE. Out of range on Marine traffic. Any ideas? Do you think they have just stopped transmitting info?

This cruise has been doomed from the start. Transferred to Thomson Destiny as you know. Now have had to cancelled whole cruise as husband is not well. Having to claim on insurance. Roll on next year and when we will be able to get back on IE.

Have a great cruise Stevio and I look forward to hearing all about it when you come back.

RR where is IE. Out of range on Marine traffic. Any ideas? Do you think they have just stopped transmitting info?

Hi Rhanna

Sorry to hear about that. Hope hubby gets well soon.

Looks like it will be me & the wife on our own on the 19th Nov'.:eek::eek:

Will report back when we get home.

Really sorry to hear that your hubby is unwell , hope he gets better soon , and you can look forward to your next cruise.

mrs.c

Hi Rhanna

Sorry to hear about that. Hope hubby gets well soon.

Looks like it will be me & the wife on our own on the 19th Nov'.:eek::eek:

Will report back when we get home.

Hope that you have a good time on your cruise , look forward to hearing about it

mrs.c

Letter from Thomsons today we were booked on the IE on Jan 8th now going on the Island Spirit deck 4/5.

Well that must mean that I am NEARLY there, I'm on the Jan.14 departure. Are you happy with that, what deck were you going to be on originally? Just out of curiosity, what was the date on your letter? I just want to put this whole letter business behind me. :rolleyes:

Well that must mean that I am NEARLY there, I'm on the Jan.14 departure. Are you happy with that, what deck were you going to be on originally? Just out of curiosity, what was the date on your letter? I just want to put this whole letter business behind me. :rolleyes:

We fly out on the 1st have week in Playa Del Ingles then sail out on the 8th . The reports that i've read the Spirit gets a good write up.

We were offered an upgraded on the IE to outside on deck 7to9 for an extra £70 which we took, we were allocated an outside cabin according to booking date and cabin type we booked on IE . The letter was dated the 9th so much for what I was told on Saturday.

Got the phone call from Tommy Cook today ( letter to follow ) stating that Thomson have informed them we are on the Spirit on Jan 22nd . We have kept our all inclusive package . Not sure of anything else till we get letter with details . Keep you informed when letter arrives .

Yabbadabbadoo ! :D

Archived