Island Escape cancelled for November

Stevio

Ok, I'm now officially booked on the Spirit, deck 8, I'm not happy but as it's out of my hands so just can't worry about it and just have to get on with it. Everything been transfered over from previous/previous cruise including AI package.

Hope everybody get what they want.

Once again my travel consultant has been brilliant big pat on the back to her :)

Also thanks to the heads up from Mrs C big kiss to you :p

RR

Well that's not too bad RR. Only one down from Horizons bar, not too far too crawl back to your cabin on your hands and knees.:eek: With the cabins forward hopefully you won't feel the vibration there, it was definitely worse in the gym toilets, lol. Don't ask me how I know that!!:eek:

Jan

Have never crawled on my hand and knees in my life, hope the ship gets a good roll on in choppy weather then maybe I can walk back to the cabin in a straight line :D

What! not even when you were a baby? You must have been very advanced for your age, lol.:D:D

Jan

Nice to see some new faces on here. We were in danger of dying out not long ago with just two or three of us. I wonder what Berwyn's up to, I bet he's found another forum somewhere, with better company, lol. Nah! that's not possible.:eek::eek:

Just had a quick look on photobucket, thought he might have put his photos of Mexico on but nothing!!

Jan

Can't help with that I'm afraid, we didn't have it. Try a search on Thomson forum, should be info on there.:):)

Jan

Will do that thanks . Read your posts over a long period before joining , good info . ;)

Ok, I'm now officially booked on the Spirit, deck 8, I'm not happy but as it's out of my hands so just can't worry about it and just have to get on with it. Everything been transfered over from previous/previous cruise including AI package.

Hope everybody get what they want.

Once again my travel consultant has been brilliant big pat on the back to her :)

Also thanks to the heads up from Mrs C big kiss to you :p

RR

So glad that you got all sorted out RR , now we just have to get ours fixed :rolleyes: I did like the spirit but was so looking forward to going on the IE , as I have mentioned all the staff of the spirit finished up for their break on friday , so maybe it will be the IE staff onboard now that would be just brill :D

mrs.c

Whats the All Inclusive situation on Spirit ?

Is there a deadline each day ? Is the choice of drinks as on I.E. ?

Thanks for info earlier on .

The choice is quite extensive with beer, lager, cider? and lots of cocktails and branded spirits, house wine etc etc. I am especially fond of Bombay Sapphire and tonic :D

The AI is usually suspended between 2am and I think 10am so you have 16 hours a day of opportunity :eek:

So glad that you got all sorted out RR , now we just have to get ours fixed :rolleyes: I did like the spirit but was so looking forward to going on the IE , as I have mentioned all the staff of the spirit finished up for their break on friday , so maybe it will be the IE staff onboard now that would be just brill :D

mrs.c

That's a thought mrs.c. Have all the staff been laid off? Are they getting paid as they don't work away from home for the fun of it. they need the money badly, I think.:eek:

Jan

Whats the All Inclusive situation on Spirit ?

Is there a deadline each day ? Is the choice of drinks as on I.E. ?

Thanks for info earlier on .

Willo60 as a fellow North western we managed 21.5 drinks a day (on average) on celebration you will find plenty to drink u paid for it drink it that was our moto :D:D

Willo60 as a fellow North western we managed 21.5 drinks a day (on average) on celebration you will find plenty to drink u paid for it drink it that was our moto :D:D

Sounds good . So thats 21.5 in the day and prob about the same in the night .:D

Just hope there is enough staff to keep it flowing !!!

Prob wont start till about 10.30am , give the bar staff a chance to warm their joints up .;)

The choice is quite extensive with beer, lager, cider? and lots of cocktails and branded spirits, house wine etc etc. I am especially fond of Bombay Sapphire and tonic :D

The AI is usually suspended between 2am and I think 10am so you have 16 hours a day of opportunity :eek:

Dave , you have convinced me . Good crowd we are going with . 16 hours is within our tolerance band .

That's a thought mrs.c. Have all the staff been laid off? Are they getting paid as they don't work away from home for the fun of it. they need the money badly, I think.:eek:

Jan

It,s their 3or 4 months off period , boy do they deserve it , they were all on such a high it was a great atmosphere

mrs.c

Sounds good . So thats 21.5 in the day and prob about the same in the night .:D

Just hope there is enough staff to keep it flowing !!!

Prob wont start till about 10.30am , give the bar staff a chance to warm their joints up .;)

Fab I booked the cruise to go to the Holy Land I was that P****d for the whole time it could have been on the Ship Canal it was amazing and didnt even see thee Holy Land On that cruise we paid £189 for the AI but we drank it dry as Andy said it was prob the only cruise in hisotory that ran at a loss! you will love it great staff and passengers and the 21.5 was over the 16hr period but was that P****d by 2am kept drinking and still only had a bar billof £43 :D:D

It,s their 3or 4 months off period , boy do they deserve it , they were all on such a high it was a great atmosphere

mrs.c

mrs-c the IE is the only ship Thomson own thanks to FCH anyway they need to keep it afloat when it went into dry dock they found a major issue with the engines which is why it is off sale till feb however,I agree with everyone on here they should be told the truth. the Celebration and the Spirit are just as good if you don't mind vibrating for 3 days after your cruise LOL :)

For what it's worth, I thought I would add my 2 pence. My husband & I were to be spending our 25th wedding anniversary on the Island Escape in January. I have been monitoring this topic for sometime and last night my heart sank. In reading the latest news, my husband called Thomson this morning to see what he could find out. Our whole itinerary has been transferred to the Spirit, the only aspect that remains a mystery is our accomidation. We were originally booked on the Diamond Deck, outside cabin. In speaking with Thomson we have been advised that we are likely to be on deck 1 or 2. I sailed on the Spirit two months ago but have never been on the Island Escape so I find it difficult to judge whether this seems to be a fair trade. (not that I am certain anything could be done about it if it wasn't a fair trade). We haven't received our letter yet and for this reason we are unable sort things out for once and for all.

I like the Spirit and as it appears that the dates and itinerary are to remain the same, I guess we have no real reason to complain. On the plus side - we will be able to celebrate our anniversary with dinner at the Wonderful Sirocco's Restraurant in. I was looking forward to visiting the Island. I'm sure we will one day.

Archived