Excursion question

betta128

My family and I are booked on our first cruise in February out of New Jersey. :D I am so excited that I spend more time on this website then doing my work!

After reading some of the posts about whether to bring your passport on your excursions I have a semi-related question.

If you are going on excursions that involve water (snorkeling, swimming, etc) what do you do with your purses, paperwork etc.? Are there lockers?

Thanks for your help! :)

My family and I are booked on our first cruise in February out of New Jersey. :D I am so excited that I spend more time on this website then doing my work!

After reading some of the posts about whether to bring your passport on your excursions I have a semi-related question.

If you are going on excursions that involve water (snorkeling, swimming, etc) what do you do with your purses, paperwork etc.? Are there lockers?

Thanks for your help! :)

Unless you know that the specific place you are going has a locker, I would either bring something water proof that can be attached to you (like a waterproof money belt) or plan that one person will always be out of the water with the valuables.

Also, you should join the Roll Call for your cruise. This is where you can meet others traveling with you.

To join, go to the boards menu and scroll down to Roll Calls. Click on your cruise line. Then click on your ship. Finally, click on the thread for your sailing.

You can generally leave your stuff on the transportation...bus or boat...whatever. You shouldn't bring anything that you don't need. Only a little money, your ship key/ID and DL....don't bring a passport, if you have one...you don't need it.

Your room key and DL are plastic...water won't hurt them. Cash can get wet. Don't bring expensive electronics....only what you absolutely need on the excursion.

I've never taken my passport off the ship. The ship's key card is designed to be scanned to get you back on the boat. When you get off the boat they scan it, and they scan it when you return. (It also helps them to know who hasn't made it back on board!)

cb at sea is right about the drivers license. This form of photo id has always been sufficient. :)

You can usually get specifics on your excursions if you go to the ports of call boards and see what has already been on that excursion...they will know if you will be able to rent a locker. I personally would NEVER leave valuables on a bus...that's worse than leaving them under your beach chair to me. I think it's OK to leave something in a bag on an excursion that involves you in a boat out in the middle of the sea (like in Grand Cayman going to see the sting rays...not too many places someone could get away from you with your stuff in the charter boat.) You can try something other than a wallet so it doesn't look like a money holder.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived