Breakfast in MDR

ruascott

After reading the posts that you could get eggs benedict by asking for them DD & I asked for them in the Diamond dining room on the Grandeur. We were told (not very politely) that eggs benedict are no longer on the menu. I'm guessing this is another hit & miss item.

Since I always ate with Cindy who is not Diamond, I went downstairs instead of the Diamond area, hence finding out that the eggs benedict are now only available to Diamonds in the Diamond breakfast area usually.

They also served eggs benedict to D+.:p

Are you serious?? You have to be D/D+ to get eggs benedict???

Looks that way.

If you eat in the MDR for breakfast or lunch, can you be seated at just a table for 2, or do they seat you at a table with others??

You can ask for a table for two (at least at breakfast) - We did that every morning.

I love breakfasts in the MDR. I'm not a buffet person at all- would much rather have actual service. I also like sitting with random strangers in the mornings at breakfast just to meet people. Last cruise my fiance and I went to the dining room for breakfast most mornings but did buffet on the last sea day because he woke up late.

By the last day of our last cruise, we were so tired of seeing food that we ordered room service for breakfast just so we could have a bowl of cereal and a cup of juice like we were used to back home...

After reading the posts that you could get eggs benedict by asking for them DD & I asked for them in the Diamond dining room on the Grandeur. We were told (not very politely) that eggs benedict are no longer on the menu. I'm guessing this is another hit & miss item.

You are correct. They are not served on Grandeur. So it's not just a hit or miss in the MDR, it is a hit or miss depending on the ship you are sailing on. I was in the diamond annex (9/11) and eggs benedict were not offered. So we prefered to return to the WJ for most of our sailing.

If there aren't eggs benedict then its just not worth going to the MDR. The WJ on the smaller ships aren't crowded like the Freedom class. :D

I will have to try the main dinning room for breakfast and lunch on my next cruise. I normally do not feel the masses at breakfast because I am usually the 3rd or 4th person in the WJ after it opens at 7 am (I am a very early riser. Normally 4-5 am). The food is hot, plenty of places to sit and the attendants are readily available to help because the passenger to waiter ratio is very very low.

Would anyone have a picture of the breakfast and lunch menu in the MDR?

The reason we do the buffet for breakfast and lunch is because we're dressed for an excursion or the pool....can't wear your drippy swimisuit inthe MDR. But this time I think we'll go to the MDR for breakfast before going into port...eat a nice leisurely breakfast, miss the mad dash to get off the ship, waltz right off and do our thing in port then come back on board to get ready for dinner.

I will have to try the main dinning room for breakfast and lunch on my next cruise. I normally do not feel the masses at breakfast because I am usually the 3rd or 4th person in the WJ after it opens at 7 am (I am a very early riser. Normally 4-5 am). The food is hot, plenty of places to sit and the attendants are readily available to help because the passenger to waiter ratio is very very low.

You'll have to eat later than 7AM if you want to try MDR.

The reason we do the buffet for breakfast and lunch is because we're dressed for an excursion or the pool....can't wear your drippy swimisuit inthe MDR. But this time I think we'll go to the MDR for breakfast before going into port...eat a nice leisurely breakfast, miss the mad dash to get off the ship, waltz right off and do our thing in port then come back on board to get ready for dinner.

Hope you don't wear your drippy swimsuit in WJ either..... at least I hope I don't sit in the seat ater you - if you are in your drippy swimsuit! :eek::D

There were eggs benedict on the breakfast menu on all the mornings we went to the MDR for breakfast in June on Explorer. Although in DH and my opinion, we both wondered why the hollandaise tasted like....mustard? :cool: For someone who likes mustard, an unexpected adjustment to what was expected, not so bad. For someone who doesnt like mustard, baaaad. The concept reminds me of devilled eggs, but we expected hollandaise.

We eat breakfast and lunch in the MDR everyday that we can. I'm not sure why people are surprised they serve there as it's listed a long with all the other meal info in the compass every day. It's certainly not a secret or hidden in any way. We only do meals in the Windjammer if the MDR is closed for lunch (in port) or we have an early excursion.

I hate eggs benedict. What a terrible way to serve eggs. I also hate runny, raw egg yolks. Yuck.

They have two or three menus that they use for lunch in the main dining room. They alternate which one they use each day (the mdr is usually open for lunch on sea days anyways).

Archived