do you read what you post

m steve

before clicking submit. There are so many spelling errors that it becomes annoying but we are not supposed to correct anyone. I know that my fingers don't always go where they are supposed to go. I have corrected errors on my posting and have even gone to advanced to correct a subject line. I just wish more posters would do the same.

I just noticed I transposed 2 letters but caught it.

before clicking submit. There are so amny spelling errors that it becomes annoying but we are not supposed to correct anyone. I know that my fingers don't always go where they are supposed to go. I have corrected errors on my posting and have even gone to advanced to correct a subject line. I just wish more posters would do the same.

I always cheque what I post.:D

john

CC FAQs:

Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

I do try and spell check (:Dcheque:D Loved that one Mr Green:D) but sometimes in the heat of the moment or the haste to post, I may forget. I just have to do what I think most of us do, go back and edit....

Of course I am working with 3 severe disabilities here, one which can be fixed, the other 2 cannot.

Fixable Disability: Keyboard letters for a, e, r, o and n are worn away. Solution: Ordered a new keyboard yesterday (a beautiful back lit Logitech G 510.) I currently have a Logitech G 15. Love the back lit keyboards with built in clocks, etc...

Non Fixable Disability(s): Old Age and Blond!!

Joanie

I read mine over but sometimes I still miss errors I've made. The one thing I wish people would remove is their expired countdown clocks. I've seen people have theirs years after they have sailed. The only thing I can think of is that they have the sigs turned off.

before clicking submit. There are so many spelling errors that it becomes annoying but we are not supposed to correct anyone. I know that my fingers don't always go where they are supposed to go. I have corrected errors on my posting and have even gone to advanced to correct a subject line. I just wish more posters would do the same.

I just noticed I transposed 2 letters but caught it.

Far more annoying than the spelling/grammatical errors are the posters who fail to actually READ the thread. They repost answers given 14 posts ago, do not bother to see that the conversation has moved on (the OP returned, asked a new question or requested further information etc.) and just post "whatever" based on the title of the thread(?) or the one or two posts they did manage to skim(?)

I have not been able to ever get the spell check to work in the years I have been here. I have to agree with Joanie, I have the same two disabilities with the added one of being basically computer illiterate.

I have not been able to ever get the spell check to work in the years I have been here. I have to agree with Joanie, I have the same two disabilities with the added one of being basically computer illiterate.

My spell check works to well, it even turns my name red. I suffer the same disabilities except my blondness is not what nature intended for me. Jane

I know that I make mistakes -- try to catch them -- but my eyes are not that good anymore.

As for spellcheck -- I know where it is located -- I am not about to download whatever it is that they want me to.

I am not a comuter genius.

I don't even know how maxout was able to circle that upper right area.

as long as the posts are not written in the stupid texting language (like b4 u go sav me sum), minor grammatical or spelling mistakes don't bother me...I type real fast and sometimes some fingers move faster than others and all the letters are there, just in the wrong order...or that I have a wireless keyboard and the signal for all of the letters I type don't make it through the dense fog around my computer...but I don't see the reason for spell checking. the beauty of language is that as long as you can get your point across, you are communicating effectively. besides, spell checking isn't going to catch when people use to instead of too...their instead of there...here instead of hear...you get the point. Like the FAQ says, it's not worth the energy (unless people are just being lazy like the texting language example)

The one thing most of us have in common is we love to cruise. Posters from all backgrounds, nationalities and educational levels are posting on this site. I'm probably the king of grammatical errors and those dangling things! Thank God for great secretaries.:)

I would assume that many of us would have enjoyed a better education but for various reasons didn't. Compared to what I see being typed on text messages we "isn't" so bad!

If the spelling errors are bugging you a lot, sounds like it's time for a cruise! You need to do some chillin' out! :D

Although I admit that some of the errors get to me a little, too. One that is like nails on a chalkboard to me is when someone says, for example, "I want to loose ten pounds," instead of "lose." Amazing how many people spell lose wrong.

And yes, it's time for a cruise for me, too! November 13th can't come fast enough! ;)

I've become so used to using a spell checker, I always run a spell check before posting. Then, of course, there is the grammar and punctuation that has to be checked.

If only everyone took the time to do this.

Far more annoying than the spelling/grammatical errors are the posters who fail to actually READ the thread. They repost answers given 14 posts ago, do not bother to see that the conversation has moved on (the OP returned, asked a new question or requested further information etc.) and just post "whatever" based on the title of the thread(?) or the one or two posts they did manage to skim(?)

ditto. it is called 'echoing'.

Archived