Why does NCL advertise Mini-suite as a Suite - when it's not really a suite?

singinglizzie

First the mints go, then the pillows, then the perks in the AE and AD suites. they could offer ( for a extra fee ) some of the perks back, like Cagneys breakfast and lunch. It's all about the bottem line, thats why they check all the alcohol in luggage.

You keep making this statement. Where have you seen that NCL is is doing away with the perks in the AE/AD (SF) Penthouse suite? There is no indication of this on the NCL website.

First the mints go, then the pillows, then the perks in the AE and AD suites. they could offer ( for a extra fee ) some of the perks back, like Cagneys breakfast and lunch. It's all about the bottem line, thats why they check all the alcohol in luggage.

What perks have gone in tghe AE and AD suites?

I'd like to know too?:confused:

What do you base this on?:confused::confused::confused:

I remember booking a mini suite on Jewel when she first came out. At that time it was advertised that the minis would have conceirge service. I guess at one time the minis did have that perk, but when the Jewel class came out, with all the mini suites, that perk went away (although it was advertised for awhile longer.

You are correct. Concierge service was a perk with mini suites many years ago. It just did not work. Adding 140 cabins and expecting any level of service was crazy. Just one quick 2 min call a day with no follow up would consume 4.5 hours a day :D

Don't start rumors that have no basis in fact. AE/AD (SF) perks are going nowhere. :mad: Now had the dropped the price $1000 pp for SF then that might make sense. AE/AD (SF) passengers are clearly already paying a large premium for the penthouse perks. The extra money is clearly not for the same bathroom as a mini suite. ;)

It seems as though everyone here knows the difference between a mini suite and a penthouse suite' date=' so where is the misleading advertisement?[/color']

I book mini suite all the time knowing full well that I am not entitled to "full" suite perks.

PE

Unless this advertisement is limited to cc readers, your statement is either idiotic or merely a vote in favor of misleading advertising. Or maybe not a true understanding of what misleading means.

Am I keeping up?

Unless this advertisement is limited to cc readers, your statement is either idiotic or merely a vote in favor of misleading advertising. Or maybe not a true understanding of what misleading means.

Am I keeping up?

Not really. Go back and re-read and notice attachments. ;)

PE

Believe me, if suite perks had been taken away or significantly reduced, the screams of outrage would be heard all the way to Miami (and back!). The last time NCL messed with suite perks (I'm sure some of the long-timers on Cruise Critic remember) the resulting firestorm of e-mails to Corporate, phone calls to Corporate, etc convinced the powers that be that messing with suite perks was NOT a smart thing to do.

No you have not lost any perks,an AE is a full suite on the Pearl and all other ships except the Sun I believe.As of this time NO perks have been taken away from the suites.

Ok thank you!!! Because I was about to call NCL and yell and scream about spending about $1500.00 more for suite and not be getting anything!

Archived