need some info on leaving from NYC on The Dawn

giddy2travel

This is my favorite port to cruise out of.

There is nothing like sailing past the Statue of Liberty and under the Verrazano Bridge as well as seeing Manhattan from the water.

We loved the Dawn, the only drawback is there is no Great Outdoors area to eat at in the back of the ship, which on other NCL ships such as the Spirit is out favorite place to sit and eat.

You will enjoy NYC.

I totally agree with the previous poster. Awesome views and an almost emotional experience, especially when you pass the ground zero area.

I also enjoy the great outdoors on other ships.

The Dawn wins so many people over because of her extraordinary crew. They are like a well oiled machine. We are boarding her a week from Sunday and looking forward to it tremendously.

Just curious of anyone's experience on leaving from NYC on norwegian dawn

I'm interested in the eastern carribean cruise but i was wondering what the dawn is like and what the port in NYC is like any help will be appreciated

Thanks

All NCL cruises from New York originate at the Manhattan cruise terminal, which is located on 12th Avenue between 48th and 55th Streets.

The Dawn has only one remaining cruise from New York, a repositioning cruise that departs next week on October 10. That cruise ends in Miami, where the Dawn will be based for the winter. Next year the Dawn will be based in Boston for its Bermuda cruise season.

There will be Caribbean cruises from NY on the Gem and Jewel during the month of January, 2011. Both of these ships are newer than the Dawn.

You are right NJHorseman i was looking at more than one cruise at a time and the one i really am interested in is on the jewel..thanks so i would still like info on the jewel then. what kind of entertainment is there I have only cruised on carnival in the past so i don't know how they compare.:confused:

Archived