What are the chances?

rebeltech8

Several months ago, My wife and I (and another couple) decided to take a holiday cruise on the Westerdam. At the time, we went for an inside guarantee. The prices dropped right before the final payment to the point an Oceanview was the same price as we had paid for the inside cabin. They upgraded us to an Oceanview guarantee.

Now, after we have paid the final payment, the Verandah price has dropped to that same level. We have requested an additional upgrade given this new news...Should we expect this upgrade from Holland America, or is it a lost cause because the final payment has been made?

Our two last cruises on HAL and Royal Carib. had price changes after we made final payment and I called where I bought the cruise and was given a on board credit for the difference in price. My last trip was $400.00 for the two of us. Contact the company where you bought your cruise. Not the cruise line. Good luck.:o

Our two last cruises on HAL and Royal Carib. had price changes after we made final payment and I called where I bought the cruise and was given a on board credit for the difference in price. My last trip was $400.00 for the two of us. Contact the company where you bought your cruise. Not the cruise line. Good luck.:o

OBC on HAL or RCCL?

Celebrity/RCCL has stopped this for any cruises purchased after (I think) May 17. Now final payment means that although they will allow upgrades.

Several months ago, My wife and I (and another couple) decided to take a holiday cruise on the Westerdam. At the time, we went for an inside guarantee. The prices dropped right before the final payment to the point an Oceanview was the same price as we had paid for the inside cabin. They upgraded us to an Oceanview guarantee.

Now, after we have paid the final payment, the Verandah price has dropped to that same level. We have requested an additional upgrade given this new news...Should we expect this upgrade from Holland America, or is it a lost cause because the final payment has been made?

Make a polite request.

It can't hurt and smooth sailing on your cruise.:)

Hey guys thought I would tell you how this turned out.

We had originally purchased an inside guarantee...Prices dropped and after asking, they upgraded us to a obstructed view guarantee, then after the last price drop, they upgraded us to again to an unobstructed view....

Being polite, firm and insisting...They just upgraded us tonight to a verandah.

world~citizen...you were right, and thank you

Am I understanding the two couples will be sharing one cabin? Maybe seeing how much the price dropped, you might wish to split up and have your own cabins? If I misunderstood, my apologies. I can't imagine sharing a cabin with any of our friends much as we love 'em. :eek:

Archived