Booking shore excursions thru RCI...quick ?

We booked our rccl cruise this april. You have to pay for the

excursion at your time of booking ( which you can do on line).

When you board ship, if you chose not to do the tour, just let

them know at excursion deck, and your money will be refunded.

Princess cruises does not charge for your excursions until

you have done them. A much better system I think...but I must

say, that on your cruise personalizer, you can view a quick

video of the tour you wish to take on rccl, and get a "quick

overview"..which we really liked **

good luck ****

b.j.

( 19 cruises) **~~:)

...Princess cruises does not charge for your excursions until you have done them. A much better system I think...

Wow, you sure like extolling the virtues of Princess on this RCI board. Kind of in bad taste, IMO. Every cruise line has its pros and cons but you have certainly come out against RCI with all guns blazing. Oh well.

Yes you pay by credit card at the time you make your excursion reservations online, since it's a different charge and not connected to your SeaPass account..You can cancel anytime before boarding or once onboard you have 48 hrs from the excursion departing time to cancel at the guest relations desk/excursion desk..It will be refunded to whatever credit card you used at the time...

Yes you pay by credit card at the time you make your excursion reservations online, since it's a different charge and not connected to your SeaPass account..You can cancel anytime before boarding or once onboard you have 48 hrs from the excursion departing time to cancel at the guest relations desk/excursion desk..It will be refunded to whatever credit card you used at the time...

I believe once onboard cancellation is 24 hours, not 48. The credit goes on your SeaPass, not your credit card.

I booked excursions for my spouse and I as well as the other couple we traveled with. Once on board we changed our minds and switched excursions. I believe you have up until 24 hours before you cruise to do this.

If you do it online you will need to pay ahead on a credit card. If you cancelled once on board then the credit will show up on the individual who the excursion was booked, not who paid for it. So our friends got a credit for the excursion that I had charged (we just worked it out later).

At the risk of saying something someone may find in bad taste, Princess is easier to book in advance as they don't require payment. RCI really stood out in customer service though. Their onboard excursion desk staff on the Explorer were very polite and helpful. On other lines they seem irritated and abrupt, not so on the Explorer. Overall I would much prefer to deal with RCI when it comes to excursions.

Actually the online system shuts down 4 days before the cruise, so you can cancel online before that and any monies will be refunded back to the credit card you booked them with. If you wait until you are on board then it is 24 hours and it will go back to the cc holding your seapass account.

I believe once onboard cancellation is 24 hours, not 48. The credit goes on your SeaPass, not your credit card.

Sorry...just checked my Explorations documents from my last cruise Aug 10th 2010 and it states "48" hours before the tour departs and during desk hours....Specialty Restaurants it's 24 hours before reservation time ......

Thanks for all the help!!

I was used to Princess' book now/pay on board system, so it threw me off when RCI asked for my card info when I tried to book an excursion. Not sure I like their system, but oh well!

Thanks for all the help!!

I was used to Princess' book now/pay on board system, so it threw me off when RCI asked for my card info when I tried to book an excursion. Not sure I like their system, but oh well!

The one advantage is that people do have to think a little before they book an excursion. If they pay up front (even though they can cancel), they have to think before they book an excursion perhaps taking the last available pre-book space, leaving spaces open for people that are more certain about what they want to do.

Archived