Equinox Sky Suite - Handicap Size?

shamda

I booked a cat W on the Solstice. I just recevied my cabin assignment and see they put me in 2136 which is a handicap cabin. First of all do they not reserve these for those that need them? I do not need one. On the deck plan the cabin looks larger than the standard S2. Does anyone know the size of the cabin and balcony?

They will hold them for those that need them and then closer to sail date they will offer them up on general sale. I'm not sure of the exact size, but they are bigger. They have a roll in shower rather than a tub. The following is from the cabin sticky at the top of the page and relates to Solstice (different ship, but same class):

Ship - Solstice

Deck - 12

Cabin # - 2130

Class – Sky Suite (Handicap Accessible)

Starboard or Port Side – Starboard Aft (not stern)

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Centered

Quiet Cabin –This cabin and others along both the starboard and port aft sides (not stern cabins) are directly under the Ocean View Café and are subject to beaucoup noise all hours of the day and night.

Balcony View – Unobstructed

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? – Oversized

Was wind a problem? -- No…. Regardless of class of cabin and location, you will experience wind tunnel effect if you have both your balcony and cabin doors open.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -- No

Any specific problems with this cabin? – None

Any other comments? – Because this is a handicap accessible cabin, it has several unique features. 1) This cabin is larger than the standard Sky Suite. 2) Your key card, handicap button inside the cabin, or manual operation of the door handle results in the cabin door opening automatically. It is impossible to manually close it; you have to wait until it closes itself. This feature allows ample time for wheel-chaired passengers to enter and exit the cabin. 3) The primary closet’s clothes rod has a lever a wheel-chaired passenger can pull lowering the rod and providing easy access to hanging clothes. The hanging rod in the secondary closest is half-length and at wheel-chair level. While this provides easy access to a wheel-chaired guest, it is so low you cannot hang trousers on it and reduces the amount of available hanging space. 4) The shower is designed to accommodate wheel chairs. There is a tiled ridge that runs the length of the shower designed and intended to keep the shower water inside the shower. It is not very effective and water will flow onto the bathroom floor. Stateroom attendants will lay two bath towels lengthwise to absorb the water. The controls and hand wand are easily accessible.

Phil

Archived