Transferring booking to T/A for OBC?

I reserved and paid a full deposit on two cabins. Does anyone know if I transfer these bookings to a travel agent, if I might receive an on board credit? My final payment isn't due until January, 2011 but I am ready to pay it any day now.

If your travel agent is offering an obc, you should be able to receive it. I do. You can transfer your reservation using a form on the RCCL website. Everything in your reservation stays the same (room numbers, etc.), but your travel agent now controls the reservation. I do have to transfer my reservation to the travel agent, however, before the final payment is made.

I reserved and paid a full deposit on two cabins. Does anyone know if I transfer these bookings to a travel agent, if I might receive an on board credit? My final payment isn't due until January, 2011 but I am ready to pay it any day now.

We received $500 per cabin for 2 cabins on our Alaska cruise tour.

BUT, remember that price reductions are no longer allowed after final payment has been made. So don't be in any rush to pay in advance -- if the price goes down and you have paid ahead of time you are stuck. If you have not made final payment then all price reductions are honored. (For same category cabin, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone! I transferred my two cabins over to a travel agent and received $100.00 per cabin OBC and a bottle of wine per cabin. Not too shabby! :D

Not to put a damper on your parade, but that OBC is really low for that sailing. On an inside cabin something is the $200/cabin range is a better deal. The bottle of wine is very inexpensive for the agent, about $20.

Not to put a damper on your parade, but that OBC is really low for that sailing. On an inside cabin something is the $200/cabin range is a better deal. The bottle of wine is very inexpensive for the agent, about $20.

At today's price the total commissionable fare for an inside cabin for two people is under $1400. I'll let you do the math if you're looking for $200 onboard credit.

I think you did just fine with the offer you received.

At today's price the total commissionable fare for an inside cabin for two people is under $1400. I'll let you do the math if you're looking for $200 onboard credit.

I think you did just fine with the offer you received.

$1400???? lucky in most cases except the Oasis and Allure if commissionable fare is even 1000 for an inside, worse math, lol

Thanks everyone! I transferred my two cabins over to a travel agent and received $100.00 per cabin OBC and a bottle of wine per cabin. Not too shabby! :D

Congratulations! Now sit back and relax and let your TA do all the work. That is what they are trained to do. Some might tell you it isn't enough but the way I look at is that it's $100 and a bottle wine you didn't have before + the help of a professional to handle your cruise. You done good!

$1400???? lucky in most cases except the Oasis and Allure if commissionable fare is even 1000 for an inside, worse math, lol

Not quite sure what point you're trying to make? The cruise is in her signature so it's pretty easy to look up the price, which for the least expensive inside is $849 per person. Subtract the standard NCF and my math gets just under $1400.

The travel agent orginally said he could give me $150.00 OBC per cabin but when he received the transferred bookings he noticed that I had used a $75.00 per cabin crown & anchor coupon which brought the fare down. At that point he could only offer me $100 OBC per cabin. I was happy because that was $100.00 that I did not have before (per cabin so that is a total OBC of $200 for my family since we have 2 cabins). That will buy me and my husband a few specialty drinks and my daughter some arcade coins and maybe some photos from the photo shop. I am happy. :D

The travel agent orginally said he could give me $150.00 OBC per cabin but when he received the transferred bookings he noticed that I had used a $75.00 per cabin crown & anchor coupon which brought the fare down. At that point he could only offer me $100 OBC per cabin. I was happy because that was $100.00 that I did not have before (per cabin so that is a total OBC of $200 for my family since we have 2 cabins). That will buy me and my husband a few specialty drinks and my daughter some arcade coins and maybe some photos from the photo shop. I am happy. :D

Your TA should be able to move this into a group booking which based on today's group inventory would be a $75 OBC plus what they can give back to you. And a $75 C&A coupon should not cut your OBC in half. That OBC is really only costing the agent $25.

I paid $819 pp for a 7 day cruise out of Galveston on Voyager on 1/2/11. I also received a $200 balcony discount for C&A status, making my actual price (before taxes and port fees) $719 pp. That was after 3 price drops. Now the price is $20 pp higher than I paid.

A TA offered me $100 OBC for my reservation. I keep my reservation number and the exact same cabin I chose and booked on my own. I kind of think it's a no brainer for me to switch.

Your TA should be able to move this into a group booking which based on today's group inventory would be a $75 OBC plus what they can give back to you. And a $75 C&A coupon should not cut your OBC in half. That OBC is really only costing the agent $25.

I'm curious, how are you able to tell this agency has group space on that sailing?

The OP is happy. Leave it alone!

I'm curious, how are you able to tell this agency has group space on that sailing?

I don't really know. All I know is that after I transferred my bookings and got a new summary from the travel agent it said "group booking" on the top. I am not part of any group other than my own two cabins but this must be how the travel agency is able to offer OBC to me.

So what if it's costing the agent $25, allow them to make a living. It's great getting onboard credit but these people have to make a living as well so if they're able to make the client happy and they can make a buck, then that's great. Why do people think the agent has to give back almost everything. These people work hard and deserve what they get and if they can make a client happy and only have to give back $25, then good for them.

I don't really know. All I know is that after I transferred my bookings and got a new summary from the travel agent it said "group booking" on the top. I am not part of any group other than my own two cabins but this must be how the travel agency is able to offer OBC to me.

Jenny, I think you did just fine with the OBC.

We received $500 per cabin for 2 cabins on our Alaska cruise tour.

BUT, remember that price reductions are no longer allowed after final payment has been made. So don't be in any rush to pay in advance -- if the price goes down and you have paid ahead of time you are stuck. If you have not made final payment then all price reductions are honored. (For same category cabin, etc.)

I believe that price reductions are no longer allowed after FINAL PAYMENT

"DATE" , it has nothing to do with of the amount that you already paid (Paid up).

However I do agree that I would prefer to owe less (due to a price reduction)

on the final payment rather than get a Credit card refund or OBC.

So what if it's costing the agent $25, allow them to make a living. It's great getting onboard credit but these people have to make a living as well so if they're able to make the client happy and they can make a buck, then that's great. Why do people think the agent has to give back almost everything. These people work hard and deserve what they get and if they can make a client happy and only have to give back $25, then good for them.

You show a lot of insight. ;)

Yes, next time the TA offers me $200 OBC I'm going to ask him to cut it to $25 and tell him he has to make a living too. (Don't you think they are professional enough to know what they can afford to offer you?)

You missed the point. People are telling the OP that in essence, she's not getting enough since it's only costing the agent $25. The point was the OP was happy with what the agent was offering her so just leave it alone.

Archived