Are musical instruments permitted on board?

I doubt the people were really wearing thongs..

On my upcomming nuptuals, I swear they were wearing red thong spedos. It wasnt floss thin but maybe about an inch and a half thick on the backside. Butt cheeks were out it full moon mode.

On the Navigator this past march there was a group of 4-5 Scotish men and they always wore their kilts in the evenings and one of them carried his bagpipes with him.

Whenever they walked into any room he would play the pipes, like they were announcing their presence. Even into the main dining room. It was incredibly obnoxious and I actually found them to be very rude as they would interupt other professional musicians around the ship ie. piano player in Schooner, guitar player in the British Pub.

They also all wore red thong speedos to the pools... GROSS!

It's going to take a week or more to get that picture out of my mind.

It's not so much the swimsuit as it is the hairy butt cheeks.

Thanks, you did it again. By the way, what's your route next April? We got off of the Serenade 09/05/10 and did the Barbados route. If you have any questions please let me know.

I've been playing an acoustic guitar for almost 50 years, and don't usually scare children or small dogs with my playing:D.

However, I have NEVER subjected anyone to listen to my music involuntarily. Leave it home unless you can play it without anyone else hearing it.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Thanks, you did it again. By the way, what's your route next April? We got off of the Serenade 09/05/10 and did the Barbados route. If you have any questions please let me know.

hahaha. :)

We are doing St. Thomas, St, Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Granada... not sure if any of those were on your Barbados route.

Just don't sit in a stairwell playing the guitar and singing, "I gave my love a cherry, that had no stone....". A drunk guy in a toga might try to break it.

LOL!!

Can you guess what I am now?

Just don't sit in a stairwell playing the guitar and singing, "I gave my love a cherry, that had no stone....". A drunk guy in a toga might try to break it.

That's exactly what came to my mind when I opened this thread.Ha ha.:D

How about I bring one of those horns they used in South Africa for the World Cup? Or perhaps my Australian diggery do (sp?)I could play it on sail away.

DON

Please no. Anything but that. I'm begging you. No vuvuzela. :o Please.

Please no. Anything but that. I'm begging you. No vuvuzela. :o Please.

There's a kid somewhere on my street that has a vuvuzela. There's no telling where it's coming from--the sound carries for several blocks! S/he was blowing that damn thing all summer long! :rolleyes:

Nobody's kid plays the clarinet badly:D

Only other peoples kids...:eek::rolleyes::D

However, if your kid is learning to play the violin - that doesn't qualify for unconditional love. Ask my mom.:p

Both of my son's purchased some fabulous full sized guitars in Mexico about 4 years ago. They carried them back onto the ship...no one questioned them. They also hand carried them onto the plane as they had no cases, we had no problems at all.

Of course, my sons were very respectful of playing them. They might have played them early in the evening before dinner time. They never played them loudly either. They realize there are folks right next door.

They still have those instruments proudly displayed in their room. They are very well made guitars. (not cheap ones either)

Both of my son's purchased some fabulous full sized guitars in Mexico about 4 years ago. They carried them back onto the ship...no one questioned them. They also hand carried them onto the plane as they had no cases, we had no problems at all.

Of course, my sons were very respectful of playing them. They might have played them early in the evening before dinner time. They never played them loudly either. They realize there are folks right next door.

They still have those instruments proudly displayed in their room. They are very well made guitars. (not cheap ones either)

I would like to bring my trombone and play "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain" on my balcony as the sun rises each morning. My wife sits next to me and smokes.

Any problems?

It would be better if you played it in the hallways. That way those in inside staterooms would get to appreciate it too.;)

My DD's boyfriend brought his acoustic guitar on board our last two cruises on Mariner. No problem at all. For the most part he only played when there was nobody around. He is a professional musician and probably as good as some of the paid entertainment staff but he was considerate enough to avoid disturbing those who might not like his style of music. The one exception was one evening he gave an impromptu concert on an elevator for like 30 minutes. It was very funny and most people loved it although I think a few were annoyed!

Anyone here with a real name of Paul surname McCartney ? Or a James Taylor? Feel free to bring your guitar on the November 8th Adventure sailing out of Malaga. I'll deal with any crabby comments.....

PS I've been having a real ****** time of it lately and this thread made me laugh out loud, appreciate it very much.

Archived