Cabanas

Kruzin Again !

I believe that the Marina won't have cabanas, right?

Will they be removing them from the R ships as they are drydocked? I know Regatta is going to be DD in Jan '11. Was wondering because we have a cruise in Feb on her.

Thanks

You are correct the Marina will not have cabanas. As far as I have heard they will not be taking out the cabanas off the other three ships.

Jancruz1

Very interesting, since the 2011 inaugural winter collection book which we got a few months ago shows them. Deck 16, in front of the activities court. It does not matter to us, as we do not use them anyway. Most of our days are spent off the ship.:)

My husband and I are getting ready for our first Oceania cruise and so have never seen the cabanas. Azamara uses the same ships but does not have them. Where are they located on the ship? One poster mentioned reserving them in advance? Is this something only suite level passengers can do or anyone? More info. appreciated. Thanks.

Anyone can book them, cost depends on the length of the itinerary and if you book in advance you can only reserve for the entire cruise whereas if they are still available on board you can book individual days with sea days being more expensive than port days.

They are located as far forward as possible on deck 11.

If you search this board you'll find quite a bit of info on cabanas.

My husband and I are getting ready for our first Oceania cruise and so have never seen the cabanas. Azamara uses the same ships but does not have them. Where are they located on the ship? One poster mentioned reserving them in advance? Is this something only suite level passengers can do or anyone? More info. appreciated. Thanks.

Cabanas: Situated on deck 11 forward. They are roomy enough for a double balinese cushioned bed and a small table for refreshments, books (Kindles), etc. Your water bottle will be chilled in a champagne bucket. There is a phone to contact for pool deck for service (snacks, drinks, lunch, high tea, etc.) Curtains can be drawn to block the wind (they came in handy on Route of the Vikings cruise). "Roof"(canvas) can be closed to block out sun. There is a fan (we did NOT need that this time!)

Booking in advance can only be done for entire cruise - $750 for 14 - 20 day cruise and $500 for our upcoming 12 day cruise. Onboard booking can be done, also, but it is first come, first serve. On our recent cruise, we had the whole deck to ourselves (hmmm, wonder why??) Daily bookings can only be done on board.

Amentiies that come with full cruise bookings - Tote bag (much nicer than normal one) two big logo beach towels, 2 hats/visors, sunscreen and after sun care in a little cosmetic bag. There is also a spa special - a discount on port services (15 or 20%) and I think I remember a 20 minute message offered in the cabana .

On our last cruise, even though the weather was cool and windy, we ate lunch up there on most days. It was private and toasty thanks to our many blankerts. If only there was a bathroom up there! The service is wonderful and worth every penny! The views from the cabanas are spectacular because it is almost a 360 view!

I highly recommend one for any cruise, but particularly for a Caribbean and definitely for a Panama Canal cruise. We booked 2 with our friends on our Canal cruise and had the dividers (canvas) opened so we could share the entire space and it was phenomenal! The attendants (Wilford and Erasmo) were always asking what we needed or wanted. It really added to the wonderful memories of our cruise.

I am sure that I forgot something (like fruit skewers delivered in the a.m.), but I think that you get the picture. If you call O someone can give you a complete list of amenities offered.

Can you tell that I LOVED it???

Very interesting, since the 2011 inaugural winter collection book which we got a few months ago shows them. Deck 16, in front of the activities court. It does not matter to us, as we do not use them anyway. Most of our days are spent off the ship.:)

The brochures may have already been in production when the decision to remove them from Marina was announced

They are not shown in my latest brochure but still showing on the deck plans on O website

Someone is not up to speed yet ;)

The brochures may have already been in production when the decision to remove them from Marina was announced

They are not shown in my latest brochure but still showing on the deck plans on O website

Someone is not up to speed yet ;)

We love Oceania's' brochures and they have certainly inspired us to travel more often and more distantly than we ever thought that we would.

When it comes to deck plans, however, they DEFINITELY need a proofreader, or at least someone who reads the plans from the passengers point of view.

Archived