Ships Sailed

sandian

Being relatively new to Cruising, thought it would be interesting to find out which ships are favourite with the Brits.

To start off I have sailed once with Thomson ten years ago which we loved and once with RCI Explorer of the seas this year, enjoyed it so much we have booked Independence for next May.

So come on which is your favourite and why?

I have sailed on RCCL's, Splendour, Navigator(3 times), Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Independence & Oasis (B2B)

Also I was lucky enough to be invited to do the Celebrity Equinox Naming cruise.

Oh now favourite ship...ummm..it used to be a toss up between the Liberty and the Independence but now I have to say I love the Oasis Class.

Why?...so much to see and do..so many options...love it :D

We did do DFDS & Colorline before we discovered RCCL...but can't really compare those ships/boats to RCCL ones.

We first started cruising in 2006 and became addicted!

We cruised first on Minerva 11, fantastic and did 4 in 2 years. After their demise we were unsure where to go as we liked the whole concept of Swan Hellenic. So we went next to Saga Ruby (I was very young for this ship!) and it was a very nice ship, not the same excursions and lectures as Swan but the service and food and friendly staff made it a very enjoyable experience. Then we went on Fred Olsen Balmoral and I can only say we would not want to experience it again!

We then discovered 2 of the Renaisance ships had been taken over by Celebrity as Azamara Quest and Azamara Journey. We were very unsure if we would like American cruises but having just returned from our 4th on the Quest we are delighted to have found a ship we can enjoy. Sadly, for us, they have greatly increased their prices and are moving to shorter, 7 day itineraries, and whilst the attraction for AZ is still there we will look elsewhere.

We have also sailed with Regent Voyager, mainly for the included excursions on our trip to St Petersburg, and it again was very nice (we do like the smaller ships, they are so friendly).

Again, last year we went with Swan Hellenic on a Rhone river cruise (because it was chartered by Swan Hellenic) and this was wonderful. We have also done several Nile River Cruises, a different experience but enjoyable during our Winter months of Feb/March.

So who with next?

Carol

I have sailed on RCCL's, Splendour, Navigator(3 times), Mariner, Freedom, Liberty, Independence & Oasis (B2B)

Also I was lucky enough to be invited to do the Celebrity Equinox Naming cruise.

Oh now favourite ship...ummm..it used to be a toss up between the Liberty and the Independence but now I have to say I love the Oasis Class.

Why?...so much to see and do..so many options...love it :D

We did do DFDS & Colorline before we discovered RCCL...but can't really compare those ships/boats to RCCL ones.

My worry before booking Independence was the size, but after reading so many positive Reviews it has set my mind at rest. We are going to enjoy not flying but what do we then do after Independence, as you can see we have the bug and enjoy the RCI experience.

Hi,

our first cruise was on Sea Princess and I agree with Jocap that it was pretty special.

We have since sailed P&O Oriana x 2,Aurora 1 -Carnival Splendor-RC Splendour of the Seas and Celebrity Eclipse.

I think we prefer the big/new ships rather than the older/smaller ships and we are looking to book either RC's Independence from Southampton or one of their bigger ships out of europe for 2011.There is also Carnivals latest ship "Magic" sailing from Barcelona and Venice next summer.

Taffygirl

Hmm, let me see. First cruise was in 1999 on MV Bolero from Palma around Western med. I know that ship is still around, but under a different name in Europe.

Didn't go on another cruise until 2006, when we went on Legend of the Seas, and thoroughly enjoyed it, apart from it being my first experience of BoB, especially when it was particularly nasty this time (even the captain was sick!). Still do recommend the RCI sea sick tablets, worked a real treat!

Went on Independence in August 2008, round the Med, which was pretty much the worst time to go on her it was pretty manic. Otherwise a nice ship.

Did a trip to Scandinavia on Ventura in May 2009 which was a good trip, quite surprising, if a little cool and wet!

For a change, wife and I sailed out of Miami on Majesty of the Seas for a short cruise as well after spending a few days there for our 10th Wedding Anniversary last November.

Was due to go on Ventura again this June, but wife had an accident, so we had to cancel.

Next trip we've got booked is on the Queen Elizabeth next August, which I'm looking forward to.

ScrozUK

Archived