Falmouth port officially delayed?

I am looking at the Allure for March 2011, and noticed that now the Jan. and Feb. 2011 Allure cruises have Falmouth port replaced with Costa Maya. They had Falmouth listed as the longest time. Now the earlier is March 13 for Falmouth. Any other news or insider info on this? Seems like March might get delayed too, but hopefully we can be the first to cruise there in March!

I am looking at the Allure for March 2011, and noticed that now the Jan. and Feb. 2011 Allure cruises have Falmouth port replaced with Costa Maya. They had Falmouth listed as the longest time. Now the earlier is March 13 for Falmouth. Any other news or insider info on this? Seems like March might get delayed too, but hopefully we can be the first to cruise there in March!

Can they delay it to after October 2011?:D Would love to go to Costa Maya.

Jimbo:)

The Jan and Feb Allure/Oasis western itineraries aren't new....they were changed to Costa Maya months ago.

Can they delay it to after October 2011?:D Would love to go to Costa Maya.

Why??? I was very disappointed though we did do a nice excursion. The port itself is not much. Cute little town down the way, Mahuala (sp)

January 16th Voyager stop used to be Falmouth stop had been changed to Montego Bay.

I just checked this again and there is conflicing info on the website. When you do a search for sailings the Jan 16 VOS sailing shows MBJ, but when you go in to actually book it and look at the itineraries they are showing Falmouth. I called RCI today and they said it was still scheduled for Falmouth. I really don't want to dock at a half finished port under construction and have to travel 30-40 miles to get anywhere, especially on the roads in Jamaica. We will probably opt to stay on the ship. They still don't have any excursions up for this sailing for Falmouth. I wish they would skip Jamaica all together. I would definitely prefer Costa Maya to Falmouth.

Why??? I was very disappointed though we did do a nice excursion. The port itself is not much. Cute little town down the way, Mahuala (sp)

I was saying I "WOULD" rather go to Costa Maya then Falmouth.

I was saying I "WOULD" rather go to Costa Maya then Falmouth.

We enjoyed Costa Maya when we went last year, but we took a taxi to the strip of Mahahual where they have small beach side restaurants/bars where you can walk on the strip sidewalk and choose where you would like to eat/drink on the beach. Also, we had 2 beach massages each for $20 per hour! They weren't as good as my regular Sports Massage Therapist, but it was pretty good for the money. The first massage I had a female and the second time it was a male, but I would definitely go with the female next time if doing it again.

I am looking forward to Falmouth though since it is new and I like to see new ports to check them out, and buy some Jamaican Rum! :D

Falmouth. Sounds like what happens to me when I stub my toe in the middle of the night. :p

From my unscientific survey, it seems Jamaica is one of the least favorite ports. Too many locals trying to sell stuff. But I like Jamaica. "Ya Man, No Problem!"

Holland America continues to show Falmouth as a port. The Ryndham out of Tampa is making several calls there this season starting Nov 3rd. Not sure what HAL knows that Royal doesn't.

And HAL has the shore excursions posted for Falmouth. Most of them are Dunns River Falls and Ocho Rios. UGH!

Just checked the shore excursions for our 3/2711 cruise on Allure and this is what's displayed for Falmouth:

Shore & Land Excursions are not available for the Port/City you selected. We are currently in the process of updating/gathering information for this Port/City and ask that you please visit our website closer to your sail date.

After reading a bit about Costa Maya, and it sounds okay. We usually just get off the ship and shop a bit, then head back to the ship. If there's nothing right at the port, we may not even get off the ship.

I sure hope if Falmouth is NOT ready by our April 3 2011 we still stop at another Jamaica port. Jamaica is one of the MAIN reasons we are doing this Western itinerary. NOT for another Mexico stop. My daughter would be GUTTED if Jamaica was missed.

I sure hope if Falmouth is NOT ready by our April 3 2011 we still stop at another Jamaica port. Jamaica is one of the MAIN reasons we are doing this Western itinerary. NOT for another Mexico stop. My daughter would be GUTTED if Jamaica was missed.

I wholehearted agree with this. We much prefer the friendly people of Jamaica to Mexico. Plus don't most ships doing the Western Caribbean itinerary already stop in Cozumel? Costa Maya isn't much different.

Also, to those who say they don't want to go to Jamaica, we did not find Jamaicans, other than the vendors in Ocho Rios, to be at all pushy, so hopefully people will not paint them all with the same brush. We stayed at a resort in Montego Bay last year and LOVED the friendly Jamaican people. Also visited Negril and found the same. :cool::)

Archived