How is the new menu in EPIC's Cirque Dreams Spiegel Tent?

coffeebean

Can anyone tell us about the new Cirque menu and how the food quality is? Thanks.

Not trying to be difficult, but I can't see anyone offering any helpful information if they haven't experienced BOTH menus.

I just came from Epic and had the new menu. But I never had the old menu, so I can't tell you if this is an improvement or not.

Besides, just because I like...or dislike...a meal means nothing when it comes to whether or not you will like or dislike the same meal.

I thought the meal was very good. The salad wasn't my favorite but I was more interested in the show anyhow. My shrimp weren't dried out my filet was cooked wonderfully. The temperature of the meat/seafood were great! The Au Gratin potatoes, imo, just needed some salt/pepper. I walked away feeling like it was a great $30 spent. Both in entertainment and meal. HTH.

Not trying to be difficult, but I can't see anyone offering any helpful information if they haven't experienced BOTH menus.

I just came from Epic and had the new menu. But I never had the old menu, so I can't tell you if this is an improvement or not.

Besides, just because I like...or dislike...a meal means nothing when it comes to whether or not you will like or dislike the same meal.

Agree, it would be a better barometer if someone has experienced both menus but I sincerely doubt that won't be the case at this time.

Having said that...the general consensus from folks who dined from the old menu, the food was not good at all. Some folks deemed it inedible. It seemed the food was the worst on the entire ship and not worth the money.

I'm looking for comments about the new menu and hoping the food is at least decent and not deserving of so many bad reviews. How is the food compared to the food in the main dining rooms? Hoping that will be a fairly good barometer of what to expect.

Thanks.

I thought the food was fine last week. I liked the salad and the chicken sate. My steak was good and I enjoyed the potatoes and sides, (and no matter how vague Sea Shark wants to be, I can tell you that he loved his shrimp as well as mine and my friend's :p). I also thought the dessert was really good.

I really loved parts of the show (the violinist is amazing and gorgeous), and overall I think it was a very fun evening.

We had the new menu. Surf and turf. 2 little shrimps and about a 3 oz piece of tenderloin....and a small piece of potato casserole. The prelude was a small salad with foie gras and marmalade. The meal was very average and service abysmal. Definitely the worst of the cruise. Eat before you go. The performance was the worst of 4 Cirque shows that we've seen....with stupid dialogue. The "meat" of the act was good...but limited by the venue .

We had the new menu. Surf and turf. 2 little shrimps and about a 3 oz piece of tenderloin....and a small piece of potato casserole. The prelude was a small salad with foie gras and marmalade. The meal was very average and service abysmal. Definitely the worst of the cruise. Eat before you go. The performance was the worst of 4 Cirque shows that we've seen....with stupid dialogue. The "meat" of the act was good...but limited by the venue .

But can you ask for seconds?;)

To be fair, I think I was so distracted by the show that I honestly didn't pay too much attention to the food. For me, it was basically "does it suck or not?". I'd say at the end of the day, it gets a "does not suck," but it wasn't my favorite meal on the ship by any stretch of the imagination (especially when stacked up against my favorites Cagney's and Moderno). I did like the variety of food that came out (although it could have been hotter).

Having said that...the general consensus from folks who dined from the old menu, the food was not good at all. Some folks deemed it inedible. It seemed the food was the worst on the entire ship and not worth the money.

I'm sorry but to say that "old menu" meal was "inedible" is a travesty. It was perfectly fine: a salad (I forget the contents; it was back in June) a nice filet, a stuffed chicken breast, and an enjoyable dessert. You can't believe all the negative nonsense that gets written here.

I thought the food was fine last week. I liked the salad and the chicken sate. My steak was good and I enjoyed the potatoes and sides, (and no matter how vague Sea Shark wants to be, I can tell you that he loved his shrimp as well as mine and my friend's :p). I also thought the dessert was really good.

I really loved parts of the show (the violinist is amazing and gorgeous), and overall I think it was a very fun evening.

Thanks for your comments. How about the guy in the bathtub? I've heard he's really something to look at too.

I'm sorry but to say that "old menu" meal was "inedible" is a travesty. It was perfectly fine: a salad (I forget the contents; it was back in June) a nice filet, a stuffed chicken breast, and an enjoyable dessert. You can't believe all the negative nonsense that gets written here.

I agree with you about the "nonsense".

He is way HoTT! OH such a marvoulous physique!

I decided and was agreed with that that happens to be the Prince C Charchter actually......

Lucky enough for the violinist to sit by me at my table! 4 younger ladies so of course....but we have 0 shame.

I liked the food. Thought it was fine...the best meal....no, worth it to us yes. But out of the 10 of us who saw it....I know 2 HATED it! I had a great time and so did others of us..but I can totally understand how the dialogue could drive one nuts...but loved that acts. Some were more ambivelent...so you never know

And yes the booth seats stink!.....Get in line EARLY (entire party)...they seat people in them last

Archived