CC Guest Book Missing QM2

hcrane

[quote name='MsDeva']What a load of BULL. I think we now all have a good idea how the book managed to transfer itself from the library to the Commodore Club. I am just surprised it's taken three pages to get there!
Best Judy[/quote]

Yes, I was also surprised about the length of this thread before the book's location was confirmed. As someone who has signed it myself I was hoping that we all might figure out together when it was last seen or signed.

Do I understand that it was in the Library in early June but not there by the end of July? So could it be that at some stage in June or July a passenger took it to a Cruise Critic meet and greet in the Commodore Club and then simply left it there? Just walked away, left it on a table and didn't care to return it to the Library? That would be very upsetting as this book obviously means so much to so many regular passengers.

Of course the stewards in the Commodore Club would realise its value but not knowing where it was usually kept simply left it behind the bar. Our thanks should go to them. Mystery solved?

Penny, could you ask your friend who is on board QM2 now to look at the last date when it was signed, or a long gap with no signatures, then we might know how long it has been behind the bar, thank you.

[quote name='kevankiki']On line where? Do you have a link??[/quote]

What a splendid idea!

Rob, you are so kind to have done this. A gentleman indeed! Please let us know where to view it.

It really is such a lovely thought for you to take the time to scan the entire book and up load it to the internet whilst on board.

It's people like you that really make this site.

Thank you again.

J.

[quote name='pnhmrk']Is that one of our mutual friends Penny? If so have you heard from her? :)[/QUOTE]

That is is and yes I have...unfortunately she called while I was lounging on the beach. I'm expecting a call back as they are still in port.

BUT...she left me a message that she got my email about it and will go check once they sail off and the CC is up and running.

So, fingers crossed and I'll report back as soon as I hear anything.

Cheers, Penny

[B][COLOR="Red"]
Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053[/url]
[/COLOR]
November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

2011...North to Alaska!! A wilderness tour and cruise....sorry Cunard.[/B]

[quote name='PS Caledonia']What a splendid idea!

Rob, you are so kind to have done this. A gentleman indeed! Please let us know where to view it.

It really is such a lovely thought for you to take the time to scan the entire book and up load it to the internet whilst on board.

Thank you again.

J.[/QUOTE]

I believe you will find this on PB82's personal website where so much valuable info has been logged in...it is he to thank for doing this as his website is full of wonderful things.

If you look back at post #26 in this thread you will find his explanation how to find his site and where this info is kept.

Thank [B]you[/B] Paul...what you have done with this site is terrific.

Cheers, Penny
[B][COLOR="Red"]
[/COLOR]

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

[quote name='pepperrn']

Penny, could you ask your friend who is on board QM2 now to look at the last date when it was signed, or a long gap with no signatures, then we might know how long it has been behind the bar, thank you.[/QUOTE]

Pepper....Sorry, the mystery is not solved at this point I'm sad to say.

My friend got the messages and has been up talking to the CC bar manager already. I have just gotten a call from her telling me it is NOT in the CC bar and the manager believed it was back in the library. She is headed there once the library opens after sailaway. She will also follow back up with the CC mgr later today.

On another note...for those of us who remember Hyacinthe Bucket...the QM2 version that is....he says it, too, has not been seen in a very long time but he will make inquiries.

However, if it can be found I will ask her to check those dates you mention...that would be interesting to follow thru.

So, sadly folks,no good news to report from [B]directly[/B] onboard as of 15 minutes ago. ;)

Cheers, Penny
[B][COLOR="Red"]
[/COLOR]

Good luck to your friend's quest, Penny. If the CC Visitors Book reappears I'll update my photo copies in January. I hope that the Hyacinth bucket turns up too. Perhaps we should offer prizes for its return: First Prize, an invitation to one of Hyacinth's Candle Light Suppers; Second Prize, an invitation to two of Hyacinth's Candle Light Suppers. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the "Hyacinth" album in the "2008 QM2" album of the pb82 Home Page.)

[quote name='PS Caledonia']What a splendid idea!

Thank you again.

J.[/quote]

Well sadly It is not myself, I would not have so much time to that, however there is a link and im sure someone on this board will know of it, I hope so, you can see every page very clearly, but our thanks to who ever has taken the time to do .

[quote name='pb82']Good luck to your friend's quest, Penny. If the CC Visitors Book reappears I'll update my photo copies in January. I hope that the Hyacinth bucket turns up too. Perhaps we should offer prizes for its return: First Prize, an invitation to one of Hyacinth's Candle Light Suppers; Second Prize, an invitation to two of Hyacinth's Candle Light Suppers. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the "Hyacinth" album in the "2008 QM2" album of the pb82 Home Page.)[/QUOTE]

Only if she serves on her "Royal Dalton's with the blue periwinkles".

[quote name='pb82']Good luck to your friend's quest, Penny. If the CC Visitors Book reappears I'll update my photo copies in January. I hope that the Hyacinth bucket turns up too. Perhaps we should offer prizes for its return: First Prize, an invitation to one of Hyacinth's Candle Light Suppers; Second Prize, an invitation to two of Hyacinth's Candle Light Suppers. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see the "Hyacinth" album in the "2008 QM2" album of the pb82 Home Page.)[/QUOTE]

Great idea Paul....for sure those of us who know the log book well are hopeful it will be found and will keep you busy photographing in january..

Thankfully you had presence of mind to capture some of it as there were some wonderful comments left in there from so many people who used to be a special part of this forum.

People who are not familiar with your site should take a look....there's a lot of good stuff to be found there.

Regards to you both...

Cheers, Penny
[B][COLOR="Red"]
[/COLOR]

[quote name='bluemarble']Hi, Annette.

Check out post #26 on this thread where "pb82" describes how to access photos of the CC guest book pages from his home page.[/quote]

Thanks very much, found it now and even spotted our own entry on 30th May 2009!

I had looked back up the thread, but clearly didn't go far enough :o

[quote name='kevankiki']Thanks very much, found it now and even spotted our own entry on 30th May 2009!

I had looked back up the thread, but clearly didn't go far enough :o[/quote]

I am pleased that you found the link, it was kind of the person to do this, lets hope the book goes back to the right place now

I was so delighted to read the post from Grandsix that the Cruise Critic Log Book had been found. As Penny and others have mentioned, the Log Book is a delightful book of memories for those of us who love the QM2. Many thanks to Capnpugwash for letting us know that he had seen the book in the Commodore Club in August. With that information, Grandsix and Penny's friend were able to locate the book. I look forward to signing the book on my next voyage. The one good thing that has come from the missing book is that all the new members of this forum are now aware of the book.

Beth

[quote name='patwell']So, sadly folks,no good news to report from [B]directly[/B] onboard as of 15 minutes ago. [/quote]

Any update? It seems the celebrations have started without confirmation that there has been a live sighting in the last twenty four hours....

WD

[quote name='William Dean']Any update? It seems the celebrations have started without confirmation that there has been a live sighting in the last twenty four hours....

WD[/quote]

There is another thread started by Grandsix (who is onboard). The book was found last night in the Commodore Club. Grandsix was going to return it to the library today. Good news!

[quote name='imacruizer']There is another thread started by Grandsix (who is onboard). The book was found last night in the Commodore Club. Grandsix was going to return it to the library today. Good news![/quote]

Apologies. I had been placing my faith in Penny's secret agent. Unwise, clearly, as Mr. Cruachan hints at.

[quote name='rob6852']The book is safe and sound, and in the cabin of two very safe and sound people, looking forward to signing it now when we are on board for 20 days next week[/quote]

Wow, what wonderful news Rob. I am however confused here as to why it is so called safe and sound in a cabin, albeit with lovely people.

From what l have read here, it is either in the Commodore Club or the Library.....and the library is where it has always been....up until now of course.

May l ask how you are aware of this information please?

Best from a confused

Judy

[quote name='MsDeva']May l ask how you are aware of this information please?[/quote]I can't vouch for the safety and soundness of the people in possession of the guest book :) but the information comes from [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1290996"]this thread[/URL].

[quote name='MsDeva']Wow, what wonderful news Rob. I am however confused here as to why it is so called safe and sound in a cabin, albeit with lovely people.

From what l have read here, it is either in the Commodore Club or the Library.....and the library is where it has always been....up until now of course.

May l ask how you are aware of this information please?

Best from a confused

Judy[/quote]

there is a thread to this effect

[quote name='Underwatr']I can't vouch for the safety and soundness of the people in possession of the guest book :) but the information comes from [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1290996"]this thread[/URL].[/quote]

Many thanks for posting the link to the thread:)

[quote name='capnpugwash']See, I always knew that spending time in the Commodore Club was a good thing.. :D[/quote]

I would second that! A great place to pass a peaceful few days. I am glad the book is safe and sound since it has my signature in it which I am sure will be priceless/worthless in the next 100 years.

Archived