CC Guest Book Missing QM2

hcrane

This discussion about the CC Guest Book on the QM2 sparked my interest, so I did a search and found this earlier thread started in 2004 with a lengthy discussion about the "Cruise Critic Visitor's Log on QM2".

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=61437

The links included in Post #160 of this thread don't work as they used to, but my photos of the book are still in the "CC Visitors Book" album of both the "2008 QM2" and the "2009 QM2 November" albums of the pb82 home page (click on the "pb82" by my avatar, then click on "Visit pb82's home page!").

Hmmmmmmmmm.......Does anyone know when and where it was last seen? ...
On Friday, September 10, during the Quebec cruise I asked the librarian if I could borrow the CC Visitors Book and she told me that a month before some passenger had borrowed it and never returned it.

And I boarded the 14th of August and because we just had a very small group of friends who met, we never thought to get the log book. I wonder if there was a M&G on the crossing before my Norway trip. I'll check with my friend who was on that crossing.

A new book just wouldn't be the same as this covered so much of her beginning years and so many old posters wil be lost...there were some fun comments in it.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

2011...North to Alaska!! A wilderness tour and cruise....sorry Cunard.

When the book was first made available everyone here knew about it because it was regularly featured on these boards. Obviously the newer posters have not known about it because we "old timers" never thought to bring it up again.

I have signed it quite a few times; does anyone know if the original one filled up and was replaced by a second one. It certainly seemed to be getting full the last time I saw it. And could it be that the librarian on duty just did not know anything about it and said he/she could not find it?

David.

Currently on board the QM2 and as of 10/8/10 the book is still missing. There is a new person in charge of the Library and had no idea of what we were talking about. Will be checking in again as the investigation continues.

Was the librarian you spoke to a South African lady called Gaynor? If so she is indeed new to the ship - she came to QM2 via QV and before that QE2 but wasn't employed in the library on either ship so she may not have been aware of the book's existence.

I forgot to ask about it when I was on board so can't comment on when it disappeared.

J

Patwell, you may be right. Something has been lost. It almost seems as the culprit or culprits wanted to spoil everyone's enjoyment deliberately. I feel sorry for them. They can't be happy people.....

Of course something has been lost. Patwell is quite right, a new book would not be the same because historically it's gone.

I just cannot understand why anyone would wish to remove this from the library as it simply has no value to anyone except for those who took the time and trouble to comment in it.

Judy

Was the librarian you spoke to a South African lady called Gaynor? If so she is indeed new to the ship - she came to QM2 via QV and before that QE2 but wasn't employed in the library on either ship so she may not have been aware of the book's existence.

I forgot to ask about it when I was on board so can't comment on when it disappeared.

J

As a follow up. Yes, the Book Shop Manager is Gaynor. According to her, the book has been missing since June 2010. She said a guest asked for ther book, but did not return it.

Interesting Jim...thanks. I've a friend boarding today who might call at sailaway. If Not I'll email and tell them to check the Commodore Club. This cold be good news as I doubt anyone would think to look there.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Feb. 7, 2010....the “Affair” takes a sunny detour when Penny meets a Princess

Aug 14, 2010....the “Affair” returns to Norway, all the way to the top!

2011...North to Alaska!! A wilderness tour and cruise....sorry Cunard.

[quote name='rob6852']The book is indeed in the Commodore club, no idea why they have it, Might I point out though that nothing is lost from the book and nothing historic will be lost, copies have been made and are online to view at anytime[/quote]

On line where? Do you have a link??

[quote name='rob6852']The book is indeed in the Commodore club, no idea why they have it, Might I point out though that nothing is lost from the book and nothing historic will be lost, copies have been made and are online to view at anytime[/quote]

Will it continue to be behind the bar, or is a move back to the library anticipated? I'm OK with it being in the bar, quite appropriate for it really, but it may be safer in the library!

I'm glad Gaynor is in the library, she's a great person. If anyone has any left over biltong at the end of a trip, I am sure she would apreciate it. She was most grateful when we gave her some on a previous trip.

[quote name='safarigal']I'm glad Gaynor is in the library, she's a great person. If anyone has any left over biltong at the end of a trip, I am sure she would apreciate it. She was most grateful when we gave her some on a previous trip.[/quote]

We know Gaynor well. She's the only person that we know for certain has been on all of our cruises on QE2, QV and now QM2. I wonder if she'll move to QEToo later. :D:D

J

Archived