Boardwalk Balcony on Oasis

loman

Just a heads up for those that are considering one, you can definately hear what`s going on if there is a show in progress with the balcony door shut. They end around 11 pm and are not every night , so it wasnt a problem. Great view of the Aqua Show and i was able to see Monday Night Football on the big screen right from the balcony. I was 5th from the end on deck 9 ( 9721 ) . You could also see right out the back of the ship for a sea view or when in port . It was a change from the usual outside balcony , and was nice to look down for a view of the boardwalk. I like outside balconies but after looking at the ocean for a while its like watching paint dry ( for me anyways ) .

On another note , the service was outstanding in the dining room , we were on MTD and we ended up getting Eddie and Florin everytime , we just asked for their section , these two guys are amazing and very friendly. It seems that they have stepped up the service everywhere on this ship , it was very noticable .

Good time was had by all and i would highly recommend this ship to anyone considering a cruise.

We are booked in 12709 - balcony room - 11 rooms in from the back. Do you think we will be able to see the water? how about aqua shows - or do you think we will be too high for that?

TIA

Just a heads up for those that are considering one, you can definately hear what`s going on if there is a show in progress with the balcony door shut. They end around 11 pm and are not every night , so it wasnt a problem. Great view of the Aqua Show and i was able to see Monday Night Football on the big screen right from the balcony. I was 5th from the end on deck 9 ( 9721 ) . You could also see right out the back of the ship for a sea view or when in port . It was a change from the usual outside balcony , and was nice to look down for a view of the boardwalk. I like outside balconies but after looking at the ocean for a while its like watching paint dry ( for me anyways ) .

On another note , the service was outstanding in the dining room , we were on MTD and we ended up getting Eddie and Florin everytime , we just asked for their section , these two guys are amazing and very friendly. It seems that they have stepped up the service everywhere on this ship , it was very noticable .

Good time was had by all and i would highly recommend this ship to anyone considering a cruise.

We are booked in 12709 - balcony room - 11 rooms in from the back. Do you think we will be able to see the water? how about aqua shows - or do you think we will be too high for that?

TIA

i think you will be able to see everything i saw , you will probably be around the middle of the the board walk , and you get to see the piper when he walks through the bordwalk playing his bagpipe. That was different, leave it to RCCL for variety . Have fun, this ship is amazing.

i think you will be able to see everything i saw , you will probably be around the middle of the the board walk , and you get to see the piper when he walks through the bordwalk playing his bagpipe. That was different, leave it to RCCL for variety . Have fun, this ship is amazing.

LOVE IT! My brother tried to play one once, he almost passed out.

We have a boardwalk balcony booked also so I appreciate the feedback. We are at the very end on I think deck 12. Should we be ok? The noise until 11 is not an issue for us.

You will have an amazing water view while on the high seas or a great port view when docked . Being on the end is probably the best spot to be in . You can watch the rock climbers, watch the zip liners , have a good seat for the aqua shows and see out the back of the ship . I thought about whether i should just take the usual outside balcony and was not disappointed after the week ended. You will see what i mean when you experience it for yourself. Hope you have as great a cruise as we did. This ship is over the top . Feel sorry for RCCL`s competitors .

Once they get pricing down some, they wont have troulble filling two of these ships.

We sail in aft balconies often and considered these cabins. We were concerned that there is absolutely NO privacy in that area. You can see anyone on their balcony and they can see you. There is even a photo that someone took of underwear hanging to dry on the balcony.

Gald you liked the location

M

You will have an amazing water view while on the high seas or a great port view when docked . Being on the end is probably the best spot to be in . You can watch the rock climbers, watch the zip liners , have a good seat for the aqua shows and see out the back of the ship . I thought about whether i should just take the usual outside balcony and was not disappointed after the week ended. You will see what i mean when you experience it for yourself. Hope you have as great a cruise as we did. This ship is over the top . Feel sorry for RCCL`s competitors .

Once they get pricing down some, they wont have troulble filling two of these ships.

Thanks so much! I had no interest in the Oasis but my kids talked me into it. It was also the kids that requested we book Boardwalk balconies. I look forward to something different. We are ok with the lack of privacy so that shouldn't be an issue.

We sail in aft balconies often and considered these cabins. We were concerned that there is absolutely NO privacy in that area. You can see anyone on their balcony and they can see you. There is even a photo that someone took of underwear hanging to dry on the balcony.

M

Thats funny , and you are quite right , we can see things on the other balconies . It reminds me of apartment buildings close together, although i have never experienced it in real life. I recall a scene in the Godfather 2 where a guy passes a package to Robert Deniro through the window of his apartment , and he is in the bldg next door , although it isnt that close .

There is about 25 to 30 ft between the two sides .Privacy is an issue . If thats what you are looking for , dont get one of these balconies . I dont spend much time on the balcony , so it wasn`t an issue for me. Good point to bring up though.

• 3 weeks later...

M

We had thought about the novelty of an inside balcony. But..We sat in the CL most days/nights and you could see onto balconies and into rooms. Your privacy is very minimal with the inside balconies. Made the decision very easy for us not to book an inside balcony in the future.

Loman we are in 9721 in 32 days! Was the bed close to the closet or balcony? I keep reading that if it is close to the closet/bath it is a horrible set up, did you experience that?

The bed was close to the closet. You have about a foot of space between the bed and closet and it was not an issue for us . I would rather have the bed there as the seating is next to the balcony and to me makes more sense with this layout. There is more living space this way. You dont have to walk around the bed to get to the balcony from the couch.The two spaces are more connected. Be prepared for a long walk though, we didnt mind as we use the stairs as often as possible and rather enjoy the stroll back and forth to the room from the stairs. Enjoy your cruise and dont forget to draw the curtains when you need privacy.

Cheers

Loman we are in 9721 in 32 days! Was the bed close to the closet or balcony? I keep reading that if it is close to the closet/bath it is a horrible set up, did you experience that?

Actually i can address 2 points brought up here

#1 - the privacy - if you want it close the curtains - otherwise people can see in - especially at night

#2 - We he deck 10 about 6 cabins form the stern. i noticed when i looked across the way, (when people did not close curtains:-)) that the location of the beds were staggered. they made the staterooms wider where the bed goes and norrow near the desk. so by putting one bed near the balcony and the neighbor's bed near the bathroom, they fit together like puzzle pieces. this makes the overall cabin a bit smaller, but i'm sure it allowed them to add a few more in each row.

short answer to ask2112's question. locaiton of the bed depends on cabin.

Now if not too many read this it would be great for those who do.....we were 2nd from end on deck 11 and right across the hall is a doorway to avery large outdoor balcony with chaises and chairs. It is very very private and you can sit in sun or shade. You can see the back (water shows) as well as side of ship. The only time I saw more than 4 including us was during the water show and they left just after it was over. I believe it is on 12 also.

Now if not too many read this it would be great for those who do.....we were 2nd from end on deck 11 and right across the hall is a doorway to avery large outdoor balcony with chaises and chairs. It is very very private and you can sit in sun or shade. You can see the back (water shows) as well as side of ship. The only time I saw more than 4 including us was during the water show and they left just after it was over. I believe it is on 12 also.

wow, that sounds nice. Do you know if those big balconies are on both port and starboard?

wow, that sounds nice. Do you know if those big balconies are on both port and starboard?

Yes they are. They are so convenient to the Boardwalk rooms. I have to add the Boardwalk B. rooms have a lot of conveniences in seeing things they are a far walk from elevators and that is one reason we used this other balcony.

M

Underwear on a balcony hanging out to dry, wow now that's classy!

Thanks for the information. My sister and I are planning on driving to Fort Lauderdale and taking the Oasis as a retirement cruise for both of us. We always needed to have a sea-view balcony but after reading the OP post I think I'll go with the Boardwalk balcony. As long as I can see the ocean, especially when the weather is bad, I should love seeing everything else that comes with the BW Balcony.

Thanks for the information. My sister and I are planning on driving to Fort Lauderdale and taking the Oasis as a retirement cruise for both of us. We always needed to have a sea-view balcony but after reading the OP post I think I'll go with the Boardwalk balcony. As long as I can see the ocean, especially when the weather is bad, I should love seeing everything else that comes with the BW Balcony.

It's like living in a giant apartment building, where your only view is of other people's apartments - in this case, their balconies.

2744296660077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2542703020077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2097263640077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

What`s nice about this ship is that it offers you many options , which can be chosen or not . I saw a New Orleans jersey # 12 drying on the balcony, and i liked seeing it as Drew is a fine QB, someone else had their

home country`s flag flapping in the breeze . It s like a small community back there. I liked it and may consider one of these balconies again down the road. Some people complain about RC promanades in the ship , i say again , its another option that RC makes available that other ships dont have , and i happen to like them too.

cheers

Those public balconies are on both sides and decks 11, 12 and 14 have them. We were on the Oasis last month and used them all. The higher the deck the smaller the balcony is though.

Archived