Near cruise terminal in port canaveral

MOONMOUNTAIN

There is a whole long thread, I work in Port Canaveral with locals to answer.

I only remember some restaurants right by the port.

I stayed at a hotel nearby, and we were only within walking to mc donalds, dont remember a store there, but there was a quick mart gas station, probably not cheap but they would have drinks.

We are sailing on the Pride on Sunday and was wondering if there is anything close or

at the Cruise Terminal in Port Canaveral - to purchase more soda etc -- also just

what is around that area.

The night before getting on the dream we took the entire wedding party to Fish Lips it is right by the port, the food was great as was the service, we had a very large party so it wasnt as fast as one would get with just a few people. If you go down to cocobeach (not far) you will find grocery stores where you can get soft drinks, water ect and yes even the wine. There are also lots of places like Ron Jon..you cant miss it! Have a fun cruise! We are happily awaiting the Liberty come May!

There is a whole long thread, I work in Port Canaveral with locals to answer.

I am a local...we live in Cape Canaveral, and keep our boat at Port Canaveral. Although the giant "I Work in PC" thread has some great info in it, it's really brutal to try to find anything in a thread with nearly 800 posts. :eek:

Are you staying at the Radisson or one of the other hotels, or coming in the morning of the cruise? The area around the port is the equal of many of the ports of call on a cruise in my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

This may help you get a sense.

port_canaveral_area.jpg

scale.jpg

As other posters said, you can't really "walk" anywhere easily from the ship dock itself. There are taxis. If you are staying at one of the hotels in Cape Canaveral or Port Canaveral, there are many places to visit or shop. This is especially easy if you have a car.

Hope this helps,

Johncn

I believe since the OP is sailing on the Pride out of Baltimore, canaveral is a port stop.

Ooops! Well, they could walk, but it's sort of not a super pedestrian-friendly route. Definitely doable if no physical infirmities or a fear of walking.

Cape Marina has several drinks coolers for the live aboard crowd, and inexpensive beer, soda and water. They also RENT BICYCLES ;-) They have a picnic pavillion there, and you can sit in the shade and watch the boat traffic. There are public bathrooms.

It is less than a mile from Carnival dock to the Cape Marina, but you have to walk across the parking lot, and along the access road over a bridge, then cut through a parking lot.

Here is a walking map. There is another marina you have to walk through, but it has less of a store, at least in my opinion.321-783-8410

Cape Marina

800 Scallop Drive

Port Canaveral, FL 32920

cape_marina_walking.jpg

For a quick grocery store shop, they could taxi to the The Cove ($5 and a bummed cabbie), and then ride public bus for a dollar or so the Publix. Or take a taxi to Publix for about $12 (?).

However, since Cape Marina rents the bicycles....the entire Cove restaurant and bar area and/or Jetty Park beach is easy to get to. In fact, there is both a Circle K and a 7-11 that are an easy bike ride for convenience items and groceries if you have wheels. There is a bike path the entire way through the Cove and a sidewalk to ride on to the convenience stores. I wonder why I never thought of this before? Hmmm.

Bikes%20Warehouse%20012.jpg

Carma (the dockmaster), and the rest of the gang at marina are real friendly folks. I'll call tomorrow and ask how much the bicycles are.

Hope this helps, and sorry I didn't notice the day stop instead of a cruise out of the Port.

Regards,

Johncn

Archived