earliest HOU->Galveston transfer thru CCL?

xerenthar

it's the cheapest, but not by much (for 2 people @ $60 each way.) if it's going to drop us in line at 1pm at the earliest with the gigantic lines, i'd much rather pay extra to show up at 10a and be one of the first ones on.

any thoughts/knowledge? it's not on the manage my cruises area of the site.

I can give you my experience with CCL transfer from 2006, our flight arrived in HOU at 12:30pm, we quickly gathered our luggage and boarded the bus, there were people on the bus who had been picked up at IAH, then our bus went to a hotel to pick up a couple of people, then we parked in a parking lot to wait for another bus to drop off a couple of people (the wait was long enough for the smokers to get off and smoke a cigarette) I remember some of the people who had been picked up at IAH said they had been on the bus since 10 am. By the time we reached the port to get dropped off it was 2:30.

After the cruise we got on a bus I'm not sure what time, I'm thinking maybe 11 or so, we had to sit and wait for the bus to fill all the way up before the driver would leave. He put a movie in the DVD player and we watched more than half the movie before we could go. Our return flight was at 3:30pm and I thought we would have a long time hanging out at the airport, but by the time we reached the airport, once we found where we were supposed to be for our flight, we may have had a 30 - 45 minute wait.

I only have the one experience with CCL transfers because on our next cruise we brought the family so we drove. So I don't know if my experience was the norm.

Hope this helps.

Sharon

Archived