Carnival stock breaks $40

m steve

It looks like it might even get back to where I bought it 3 years ago. I have had great on board credits due to ownership but kick myself for not buying more when it was down in the teens.

All of a sudden we are getting a lot more than just OBC and dividends. Best portfolio decision I have made in some time. Wish we had bought more than the minimum 100 shares.

Also the best investment, I've done in a long time too .. Have been keeping a running total about once a week, since purchasing the shares back in March of 09..It hit $43.85 this past April, but went down again..

Kept vacillating & finally purchased it at $18.25 & now wish I had the foresight to purchase more, but my Crystal Ball was cloudy..

Should have purchased it many many years ago when we started sailing on HAL..

The old laments: "Should have , could have , would have"...;)

However, have had a couple of dividends plus $600 in OBC..Not a bad return for the buck..

Cheers....:)Betty

Is 100 sh CCL minimum requirement to get OBC? How do I get the OBC? How much is the OBC? Thanks for your help.

Yes the minimum No. to purchase is 100 shares..When you book a Cruise on one of Carnival Corp, PLC lines you must FAX or e-mail a copy of your proof of ownership statement with a letter including your booking number & date of cruise to the Cruise Line to request your OBC for each cruise...If it's a brokerage Statement, block out your Account Number & the other investments on the same page..

At HAL it would go to: Ms. Karen Stuart, World Cruise Reservations, 300 Elliot Ave West, Seattle, WA 98119...FAX Number is 206-281-0627...

The OBC is as follows for North American Brands: $50 for a 6 day cruise or less; $100 for a cruise of 7 to 13 days; & $250 for a cruise of 14 days or longer..

For further info refer to this WEB site re Shareholders benefits:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

cheers....:)Betty

Yes the minimum No. to purchase is 100 shares..When you book a Cruise on one of Carnival Corp, PLC lines you must FAX or e-mail a copy of your proof of ownership statement with a letter including your booking number & date of cruise to the Cruise Line to request your OBC for each cruise...If it's a brokerage Statement, block out your Account Number & the other investments on the same page..

At HAL it would go to: Ms. Karen Stuart, World Cruise Reservations, 300 Elliot Ave West, Seattle, WA 98119...FAX Number is 206-281-0627...

The OBC is as follows for North American Brands: $50 for a 6 day cruise or less; $100 for a cruise of 7 to 13 days; & $250 for a cruise of 14 days or longer..

For further info refer to this WEB site re Shareholders benefits:

cheers....:)Betty

$250 per person, Betty? If so, we have a 14 day cruise in the pipeline; I just hate to buy high. I belong to an investment club and it's instilled in us to "buy low; sell high!"

Batinfal, Perhaps it is not to late. If you could get proof of purchase to your travel agent, the agent could contact Hal and the credit could be posted to your account. My agent faxed the proof and instantly the credit was issued to my account. Talk to your travel agent first, no reason to buy the stock next week if the agent says it won't work.

I can't suggest to you that you should buy now for the price may go up from $40 but could go down. I buy and sell CCL stock but keep at least a 100 shares so that I can get the on board ship credit. It is a good deal. Good luck.

Yes the minimum No. to purchase is 100 shares..

The minimum number to get OBC... you can buy whatever you want.

I'm kicking myself for not doing this over the summer when it first peaked my interest. It was $30 then and I hesitated. I have 50 shares now and thinking I need to bite the bullet for the other 50 before it jumps even higher.

Thanks so much for the information. It is too late for me to do anything about my cruise next week, but I plan to consider it for my next cruise - which is currently not scheduled, but I am hoping for Alaska next summer.

Hi

It's never too late! We thought about purchasing the shares in August when it was $32.00, but kept putting it off.

We just purchased the required shares on Wed. and by today, Friday, we had the OBC applied to our cruise, which is also next week. Try calling your broker on Monday or Tuesday, have them fax or email the proof to you and immediatley send it on to HAL. I spoke with them today, and was assured that they move very quickly on these things.

Lorraine:)

$250 per person, Betty? If so, we have a 14 day cruise in the pipeline; I just hate to buy high. I belong to an investment club and it's instilled in us to "buy low; sell high!"

Sorry Not per person...It's per stateroom...I belonged to an investment club years ago, but we disbanded, because half of our group did not want to do any work..They expected just a few to gather the stock information & then they would decide if it was worthwhile selling, buying or holding..We came out of it, each getting our money back plus a very small profit..Not even enough to buy dinner..It was fun while it lasted..LOL

The minimum number to get OBC... you can buy whatever you want.

Oh yes, you are correct...However BatinFla specifically asked quote Is 100 sh CCL minimum requirement to get OBC? unquote " & I did quote her post in my answer... Therefore, I just assumed she as well as everyone else understood my answer..

Sorry for that..

I'm kicking myself for not doing this over the summer when it first peaked my interest. It was $30 then and I hesitated. I have 50 shares now and thinking I need to bite the bullet for the other 50 before it jumps even higher.

Me too! I'm kicking myself for not buying more at $18.25.. If it should drop again, I'll consider buying more, but not at $40..

BTW, they started paying dividends last year & we've had a few small dividends in addition to our OBC..If you take several cruises of 7 days or more you just might get back some of your investment quickly..

Sorry Not per person...It's per stateroom...I belonged to an investment club years ago, but we disbanded, because half of our group did not want to do any work..They expected just a few to gather the stock information & then they would decide if it was worthwhile selling, buying or holding..We came out of it, each getting our money back plus a very small profit..Not even enough to buy dinner..It was fun while it lasted..LOL

Me too! I'm kicking myself for not buying more at $18.25.. If it should drop again, I'll consider buying more, but not at $40..

BTW, they started paying dividends last year & we've had a few small dividends in addition to our OBC..If you take several cruises of 7 days or more you just might get back some of your investment quickly..

We are each assigned a stock to study so there's no way out on doing the work! Although, some do a better job than others. If I sold out, I'd be in the same boat...get back my investment plus a little...it's turned into more of a "ladies night out." Funny...we do have a travel agent on board, and she has never recommended any of the travel stocks. Victoria's Secret, yes; travel stocks, no! ;)

Now here's a question -- before I call and possibly get my ears pinned back :o -- We have booked a 14-day cruise and then also booked another cabin on the same cruise for our kids. Has anyone ever requested OBC for each cabin? Since I'm paying the whole thing, I should think I could get the OBC per cabin?

Thanks, LoyHAL

Now here's a question -- before I call and possibly get my ears pinned back :o -- We have booked a 14-day cruise and then also booked another cabin on the same cruise for our kids. Has anyone ever requested OBC for each cabin? Since I'm paying the whole thing, I should think I could get the OBC per cabin?

Thanks, LoyHAL

LOL....:)

Good try, ;) but doubt you will get more than one OBC as the rule specifically states in paragraph two:

"Only one on-board credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom"

I'm sure Carnival has thought this out very carefully & others have tried to get one for each cabin they pay for...

Even if you have 100 shares only in your name & your spouse has 100 shares only in his name, you would not get more than one OBC....Or if you purchase 500 shares, you still will only get one OBC...

Hope you have a wonderful cruise..

Cheers......:)Betty

We are so glad that a friend told us about buying stock. So many cruises we had sailed, with no idea of this going on, so we are now very glad to get our OBC with every cruise.

May the stock continue on its upward path!:)

Thanks to everyone for your help with the OBC. I now have CCL stock, have talked to my TA, and she has faxed the required info to HAL. Hope it all gets done and in the system by the time we leave on Sunday.

I think you'll be ok. There is usually a pretty quick turn around for HAL recognizing the OBC.

Archived