Book on board for b2b second half?

skt4cruise

We are on Equinox Holy Land 18 Oct and wondering if you can book on board for the TA that follows us on Oct 31, does anyone have info on this, assuming of course there are cabins available, which there are today.

Has anyone on these boards made a snap decision to just stay on for a B2B?

Personally, if I were considering doing this I'd book ahead of time to try and get the same stateroom for both legs of the cruise. We've only done one b2b and part of the joy was not having to pack up at the end of the first leg.

I think this benefit would outweigh any small OBC for booking on board and you might be able to get a decent credit for booking ahead of time anyways.

If you did go ahead with your plan, how would you deal with the change in airfare? I suppose you would save quite a bit flying home from Ft Lauderdale instead of Rome. Seems like a fun thing to do if you can swing it. TA's are great. We're booked on the same TA cruise next year.

Has anyone on these boards made a snap decision to just stay on for a B2B?
We did once several years ago when we found out that the ship would be continuing on to Hawaii after our cruise, but we were too late as it was already sold out. We kept hoping there would be a last minute cancellation, but (sob) it never happened and we had to get off the ship.

There are only 7 cabins left on that cruise, and 2 guarantee categories (balcony and inside). It might be very chancey to wait until you are onboard.

There is an excellent price ($1399) for a veranda guarantee available at the moment, and that might not last long. It might be worth your while to consider that :).

We are in Europe now, so we only had return tickets within Italy, not much cost to loose and no return to U.S. tickets, so the cost of the TA could be the same as flying.

I say, go for it. I, too saw the $1399 price. Why don't you buy the shares and get the credit for that ($250) and then you won't have to wait till you're on board and maybe suffer like Fleckle. If you don't have any on board credits from Celebrity for your Holy Land cruise, you could use it on that one too.:)

Archived