Celebrity Connections Dress Code

dande123

While looking through the Celebrity Website I came across this about the Celebrity Connections Party:

What is the dress code for the parties?

Subject: Cruise Critic Connections

Attire for the parties should be based on the day and time of the event. For instance, if the party is scheduled for a formal night, then guests should dress formally.

If the party is during the day, then guests should dress casually. Shorts and/or swim attire are not recommended for the party.

Could someone explain to me why a nice pair of dress shorts would not be appropriate if the party is during the day? Or does it just mean that one should not wear shorts with a bathing suit but could wear dress shorts?

Could someone explain to me why a nice pair of dress shorts would not be appropriate if the party is during the day?

I guess it's just Celebrity's call: they prefer shorts aren't worn for the party, so any explanation by one of us as to why shorts wouldn't be appropriate would be a moot point. :shrug:

The cruise connections party is usually held around 10ist in the morning. I don't recall them requiring a dress code especially since it's normally held on the first at-sea day.

Same memory here.. Never has been a dress code other than what is normal for an indoor mid-morning gathering in a tropical setting at sea...

Shorts, T-shirts and flip flops the norm...

This is an informal party for repeat cruisers...they are going to welcome you as long as you aren't wearing a bathing suit or pajamas.

I can just imagine them saying to a repeat cruiser...sorry, you can't attend because you are wearing shorts. Heck, some folks wear shorts to formal night dinners and no one stops them.

Same memory here.. Never has been a dress code other than what is normal for an indoor mid-morning gathering in a tropical setting at sea...

Shorts, T-shirts and flip flops the norm...

Exactly !!! (I hope we don't need 100 posts to answer this simple question )

Srpilo

While looking through the Celebrity Website I came across this about the Celebrity Connections Party:

What is the dress code for the parties?

Subject: Cruise Critic Connections

Attire for the parties should be based on the day and time of the event. For instance, if the party is scheduled for a formal night, then guests should dress formally.

If the party is during the day, then guests should dress casually. Shorts and/or swim attire are not recommended for the party.

Could someone explain to me why a nice pair of dress shorts would not be appropriate if the party is during the day? Or does it just mean that one should not wear shorts with a bathing suit but could wear dress shorts?

This is an informal party for repeat cruisers...they are going to welcome you as long as you aren't wearing a bathing suit or pajamas.

I can just imagine them saying to a repeat cruiser...sorry, you can't attend because you are wearing shorts. Heck, some folks wear shorts to formal night dinners and no one stops them.

(Red highlights are mine) I think two different functions are getting mixed up.... Celebrity Connections is the Meet & Mingle set up for folks that sign up thru the website - just a way to meet others on your cruise. Captains Club Celebration is for repeat offenders, er, I mean repeat cruisers.

I echo what others have said: The party has always been in the morning of the first sea day, usually 10AM. People generally dress as casually as they might generally around the ship on a sea day. I don't think I've seen bathing suits and cover-ups but in warm weather shorts and t-shirts are not uncommon.

This is an informal party for repeat cruisers...

The Cruise Critic Connections party is for any cruiser who signs up in advance through the link on Cruise Critic. It is not limited to repeat cruisers and there are many first time cruisers who attend.

The party is designed as a general meet and greet for your fellow Cruise Critic passengers. Ship staff who attend have varied from just a special events coordinator to a full compliment of all the senior officers, including the captain.

ghstudio -- you may not have cruised X for a while and have gotten two events mixed up. The Cruise Critic Connections party is for those who have signed up on this website. The past cruisers party for Select and Elite guests has changed in the last few months from a very informal party to a reception with hot and cold snacks, some entertainment, and recognition of cruisers on board who have hit milestones. It is no longer an casual get-together but a very nice party, usually held in a large venue (and on that day, the Elite cocktail hour will not occur)

I have been to many Cruise Critic Connections parties on board Celebrity ships. I cannot recall a time when there was a "dress code." Many people wear shorts to the party.

I just went back and looked at photos from our Cruise Critic party on the Solstice inaugural voyage. There is a mix of shorts, long pants and many Cruise Critic t-shirts that were designed for the cruise. See the attached photo.

As far as I know there has never been a Cruise Critic Connections party on a formal night nor can I imagine Celebrity ever scheduling one then.

185652722_SolsticeInaugural-CCParty.jpg.fc5ac74333a241967996980bfe42d598.jpg

I have been to many Cruise Critic Connections parties on board Celebrity ships. I cannot recall a time when there was a "dress code." Many people wear shorts to the party.

I just went back and looked at photos from our Cruise Critic party on the Solstice inaugural voyage. There is a mix of shorts, long pants and many Cruise Critic t-shirts that were designed for the cruise. See the attached photo.

As far as I know there has never been a Cruise Critic Connections party on a formal night nor can I imagine Celebrity ever scheduling one then.

I see at least one serious 'shorts infraction' in the photo: the gentleman in the front row, seated (right side-green shirt) must have somehow 'slipped in.'

I recall replying to a thread here couple months ago where someone had mentioned on their cruise connection party that they were served free alcohol on the evening of the second night (formal night). Instead of the typical 10 AM of day 2 for the party, they had it in the evening as on their itinerary had a port day for day 2.

So if they had the meeting at 10AM, hardly anyone will show up since most people will be onshore. Thus, it can happen on the evening for some sailings.

I see at least one serious 'shorts infraction' in the photo: the gentleman in the front row, seated (right side-green shirt) must have somehow 'slipped in.'

I'm sitting dead center in the picture with shorts on. How can a guy in the green shirt be in 'shorts infraction' when there was no dress code...??? :confused:

Thanks Anne for the photo... great memories.

If the connections party is in the morning or during the day, you can guarantee DH and I will be in shorts. All previous connections party has not had a dress code other than no bathing suits. If it is in the evening, we will be dressed as we would for dinner (depending on the dress code for the night). If it is on a port day, it won't matter if there is a dress code because we are going to be too busy enjoying the port to be on the ship! :p

The connections party is never on a port day (not normally, anyway). I've also never heard of a connections party serving free alcohol. They often have a bar open but it's always been cash. The day/time/location of the party is up to the onboard staff so it is possible that times/days vary but I've been to many of them and nearly all have been the first morning of the first sea day. And there has never been a dress code.

Arno you were looking great! Let's do it again on Connie next year!

What about cruises with minimal sea days. Our upcoming Summit cruise only has one sea day - the last full day of the cruise. I have read that the Cruise Connections party will probably be on the first full day (Sunday) when we are in St. Croix - at 10 a.m.

Anyone with experience with this itinerary care to comment?

What about cruises with minimal sea days. Our upcoming Summit cruise only has one sea day - the last full day of the cruise. I have read that the Cruise Connections party will probably be on the first full day (Sunday) when we are in St. Croix - at 10 a.m.

If it is on a port day, most likely the connections party will be in the evening, after all aboard.

I have read that the Cruise Connections party will probably be on the first full day (Sunday) when we are in St. Croix - at 10 a.m.

I have a feeling the "Connections" will cut into waffle time. :)

I guess it's just Celebrity's call: they prefer shorts aren't worn for the party, so any explanation by one of us as to why shorts wouldn't be appropriate would be a moot point. :shrug:

It may be because Celebrity is a "Premium" cruise line, which is a cut above some of the other cruise lines, and as such are trying to set a higher standard. Why not just go along with the program? We cruise with Celebrity because we like the way they do things.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Archived