formal night on 4 night cruises?

Pacruiser02

Hi! I am going on a 4 night Bahama cruise in December. Does a short (4night) cruise have a "formal night"? If so....how formal are we talking? Can hubby wear a suit?

Thanks!

The elegant/formal night is usually the second night of the cruise. Your husband can certainly wear a suit. Even on short cruises, we dress for dinner every night. I wear a cocktail dress every night, DH will wear a sport coat/ suit and tie each night, and on the elegant night, we will be dressed to the nines...formal gown and tux. Granted, there will be others who will be dressed very casual. There will be a mix of every type dress, but we have found that most people tend to dress nicer on elegant/formal night.

If you are going in December the ship should be decorated for Christmas, and there will be many opportunities for some wonderful photos. We always use one of our formal night photos for our annual Christmas card.

Hope you have a wonderful time and welcome to Cruise Critic.:) Join the ladies on the Fashion Board....a wonderful group of ladies and we have such fun posting the dresses that we have chosen.;):)

We like to dress up so my husband will wear his tux and I'll have a long gown for our three night Carnival Sensation cruise in December. He'll also take another suit and I'll bring a couple of short dresses for the other two nights.

Archived