Birth Certificates?

pozz

I was born in Italy,my wife was born in Chile.We do not have Birth certificates but do have Canadian Citizenship cards.Is there any concerns i should be aware of.Usually these cards are just as good or better at any border.

Just a quick intrusion if I may.

To my understanding, the Certified Birth Certificate & Photo ID pertains to US Citizens only on closed loop cruises that orignate and terminate at the same US port.

So that means not only do our friends from the north need Canadian passports to enter the US but also to cruise out of the US.

P.S. Thanks for Molson and LeBatt Oh and Mario and Sidney too. Let's Go Pens

Canadian passports is what you'll need for your cruise. Canadian citizenship cards will not be accepted, only a passport. The whole birth certificate, closed loop cruise thing is for US citizens only.

MedicKen, I agree. We have season tickets to the Pens---and we live in Wisconsin. Love our boys!!!!!

You will need a passport to enter the US. As non-US citizens, a birth certificate would be of no use at the border
Except for a limited number of exceptions, everyone including US natural born citizens have to have a Passport Book [not Passport Card] to enter the US. The most common exceptions are:

1) US citizens on a closed-loop cruise [begin & end to the same US port] who do not have to have a passport, but do have to be able to produce documentation that would be sufficient for them to get a passport [generally official birth certificate and government issued photo ID with the same name (or official documents to connect the names)]

2) Individuals entering the US by surface [NOT air] who have a Passport equivalent document [uS passport card or Enhanced Drivers License (note that these may be US, Canadian or Mexican)].

There are other exceptions [soldiers on Military Orders, groups of school children, etc.] but basically no Passport, no easy entry into the US. You'll be waiting, probably days, until you do get a Passport.

Thom

Archived