your duty free shopping must buys

caliseas

Definitely going to be buying a couple more black pashimas at the $10.00 store... I plan on bringing back some Sheridan's coffee liqueur, some more Blackbeard's Rum, definitely some Tortuga rum cakes, and absolutely YES to coffee in Costa Rica and Panama!

I might look at some turquoise jewelry while in Cozumel - I saw something the last time we were there, and did not purchase.

Always do some shopping at the Pharmacia at Puerta Maya in Cozumel - I ran out of Z-packs, and now that flu season is upon us, I foresee many sinus infections!

Can you really purchase antibiotic Zpacks over the counter?

Well, being from new hampshire, our liquor prices here are pretty dang good. maybe even rival duty free!

but, my DH is going to buy some kind of whisky on the boat, i think its a johnny walker..... black maybe? its like $180 here, and on the ship its i think $120. and its a small bottle :mad: but he really wants it!:rolleyes:

i am an amarula fan too! but, i can get it here easily. i was bummed when i saw it in town, i thought i had bought something special!

Well, being from new hampshire, our liquor prices here are pretty dang good. maybe even rival duty free!

but, my DH is going to buy some kind of whisky on the boat, i think its a johnny walker..... black maybe? its like $180 here, and on the ship its i think $120. and its a small bottle :mad: but he really wants it!:rolleyes:

i am an amarula fan too! but, i can get it here easily. i was bummed when i saw it in town, i thought i had bought something special!

It's probably Johnny Walker Blue. I usually pickup the two bottle deal they have on Johnny Walker Black at about $50.

I always pick up Sheridan's Coffee Layered Liquer and on my Splendor cruise 2 weeks ago it was $20 per bottle when you bought 2. I picked up a few bottles.

I used to remember the alcohol being a better deal but on my Sept 26 cruise, I found that I could get Grey Goose locally for about $2 more per liter.

Tortuga Rum Cakes. Bought one for my parents as a Xmas gift last year, and my father recently informed me that I am no longer allowed to go on a cruise without bringing them back the 6 pack ("I checked the website" he said, "I *know* they sell them on all the ships").

I've always been a bit curious about the rum cream - is this something you drink on the rocks, or is there some delish cocktail you make with it?

I don't smoke, but am always asked to purchase cigarettes for friends. I don't go looking for deals, I just purchase them on the ship. Last time they were 2 cartons for $49.95. Sure beats the $6 per pack here, they say

not trying to be critical here but help them out and do NOT buy it for them. better in the long run :)

no real duty free that we look for. do not drink enough while at home to warrant the booze buying, unfortunately

not trying to be critical here but help them out and do NOT buy it for them. better in the long run :)

no real duty free that we look for. do not drink enough while at home to warrant the booze buying, unfortunately

I have a suggestion....Mind YOUR own business.

Tortuga Rum Cakes. Bought one for my parents as a Xmas gift last year, and my father recently informed me that I am no longer allowed to go on a cruise without bringing them back the 6 pack ("I checked the website" he said, "I *know* they sell them on all the ships").

I've always been a bit curious about the rum cream - is this something you drink on the rocks, or is there some delish cocktail you make with it?

On the rocks or a little in coffee. But best by itself because it's just so darn good. Way better than Bailey's.

On the rocks or a little in coffee. But best by itself because it's just so darn good. Way better than Bailey's.

Well then, may have to pick up a bottle next week. :)

Your sig is cracking me up, btw. I need a bumper sticker with that printed on it.... :)

They didn't have it in Miami in Jan. They had it in Long Beach last month. I hand carried it thru the airport, wearing my big happy grin. They said original packaging..no problem...thanks Carnival. P.S. for anyone going huh? It's parfum by Viktor&Rolf. It's beyond.....

Archived