Anyone tried BOOTCAMPs on RCI?

On Liberty last month I saw the Bootcamp activities. It was much like our gym bootcamps. So, yes, it was a good workout, but I certainly wouldn't pay $120 (I think that was the charge) to join in. Seems the classes lasted about 40 minutes.

On Liberty last month I saw the Bootcamp activities. It was much like our gym bootcamps. So, yes, it was a good workout, but I certainly wouldn't pay $120 (I think that was the charge) to join in. Seems the classes lasted about 40 minutes.

What is $120 for sessions on 7 days? Might be worth it for that...not if only every other day or less.....

I think there were only 4 on Liberty last month. Probably depends on how many sea days there are. You can get a gym schedule the first day to see how often classes are offered. I can pretty much develop my own boot camp rather than pay for a few classes!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it's offered on shorter cruises? We're on Navigator for 4 nights next week, and if its not outrageously priced, I'd like to try it... I've been doing a bootcamp 2 nights a week for the last 6 months so would like to keep it up...

My wife did the Boot Camp last November 2009 while we were on Freedom. She does kickboxing 4 times a week and found the Boot Camp to be a very good workout - it did challenge her. The cost was about $100 or $125 (cannot recall exactly) and there were 4 classes in all. She did find it expensive as she had to miss one of the 4 classes as all 4 times are set. What else is difficult is if you go to sign up for this day 1 and thereby commit to all the times, you still have no idea what the week holds.

Thanks - the class I go to at home is $160 for 8 sessions, so I guess with the "cruiseship premium" $100 for 4 sessions sounds about right... Hopefully they'll have it on the shorter cruises as well - will post when I get back to let folks know.

Kim4 - there is a charge for classes like pilates, yoga and spinning (I think $10 or $15 per class), but I'm pretty sure there are also some free stretch classes, maybe others as well, and the gym itself is free of charge and very well equipped with cardio, weights and circuit training machines.

Yes! I did it-Oasis 27 March (Springbreak)! No I would not do it again. I had a $200 OBC that is how I rationalized & my birthday cruise. (4x times that week)

It was a pretty good class (I was a bit sore & challenging) but still crazy expensive. $150ish & she still mentioned tipping. She quoted 30 minutes but it did go 35ish - 40 min. Bec of class size & having enough weights for everyone. You were suppose to grab only ONE challenging weight (1lb-15lbs) But you know you always have hogs. They wanted one light weigh & one heavier. So we had to redistribute.

I believe our cruise 27 Mar 2010 was the largest number of passengers ever!

Wow, that seems super expensive, esp. if the classes are less than an hour.

I pay about 5 bucks a class, I guess I'm spoiled next class i'm going to giver extra hard thinking about how much other people are paying per session :eek:

Archived