Witch is the real maiden voayge?

Witch sailing is the real Maiden voyage December 1st or Decemeber 5th?

I know last year the December 1st on oasis was consider the Maiden cruise even though when I booked with rccl they reassured me that was the maiden voyage turns out it was not. The 7 day cruise was it. I thought the first sailing with paying passangers was the maiden voyage:confused: I wish things were like they were in the old days when Being on the Maiden voyage ment somthing and did not have 15 pre Maiden cruises and did not receive a glass paper weight at the end that said --- of the seas maiden season not voyage!!!:mad:

eh, it all depends how you define "Maiden Voyage"

Technically, the Maiden Voyage will be the sailing from Turku to FLL. Because this is the first sailing after the shakedown cruises and the first under the RCCL flag.

Then you get into what RCCL considers the inaugural cruise. Dec 1st, is not considered by RCCL as the inaugural cruise but as the "labadee extravaganza" Having been on the same cruise on Oasis last year, trust me, the Dec 1st cruise is not considered the inaugural by the crew. Although, again technically, since it is the first cruise with paying customers one would assume it really is the inaugural but RCCL does not treat it as such. It is the inaugural to labadee, so take that for what its worth :)

eh, it all depends how you define "Maiden Voyage"

Technically, the Maiden Voyage will be the sailing from Turku to FLL. Because this is the first sailing after the shakedown cruises and the first under the RCCL flag.

Then you get into what RCCL considers the inaugural cruise. Dec 1st, is not considered by RCCL as the inaugural cruise but as the "labadee extravaganza" Having been on the same cruise on Oasis last year, trust me, the Dec 1st cruise is not considered the inaugural by the crew. Although, again technically, since it is the first cruise with paying customers one would assume it really is the inaugural but RCCL does not treat it as such. It is the inaugural to labadee, so take that for what its worth :)

Thanks what did the crew do on the Oasis inaugural cruise did you receive anything special ?

On the Dec 1st sailing, we got cool beach towels that said Oasis of the Seas inaugural sailing on them. When we left Labadee, we found handmade straw handbags with "Oasis of the Seas" hand painted on the front, aparently they were gifts from the kids of hatti. At check-in we got a little canvas type bag that said "Oasis of the Seas inaugural season" on it. hmm... i think thats all the extra stuff we got.

It was cool, there was a bunch of stuff in the Logo shop that had "Oasis of the Seas inaugural season" on them. On all of the pictures we took, they all had "Oasis of the Seas inaugural season" written at the bottom of them.

On the Dec 5 sailing of Oasis we got something everyday. Hats on day, picture frame with Oasis pic and Certificate of Commemoration from Richard Fain, Adam Goldstein and Captain Bill Wright, A book, Oasis lanyard and something else. We got something everyday that we could take home. It was wonderful to get this stuff. I still have most of it.

I know last year the December 1st on oasis was consider the Maiden cruise even though when I booked with rccl they reassured me that was the maiden voyage turns out it was not. The 7 day cruise was it. I thought the first sailing with paying passangers was the maiden voyage:confused: I wish things were like they were in the old days when Being on the Maiden voyage ment somthing and did not have 15 pre Maiden cruises and did not receive a glass paper weight at the end that said --- of the seas maiden season not voyage!!!:mad:

As I recall, last year the Dec 1 sailing was classified as the "pre-inaurgural" and the Dec 5 sailing was classified as the "inaugural." That was indicated on promotional material, website, etc. This year they seem to be using the terms "Labadee Extravaganza" and "Maiden Voyage."

Of course, as another poster stated, technically the "maiden" voyage would be the transatlantic crossing from Turku to Florida. :D

Thanks what did the crew do on the Oasis inaugural cruise did you receive anything special ?

We got logo goodies everyday! Drawstring sport sac when we boarded, then each night stuff was left in the cabin during dinner... tote bag, fleece blanket, hat, pen, art book, cookbook, framed ship photo and commemorative certificate, commemorative coin, lanyard, souvenir coke bottles, coffee samples, candy, botle of champagne, and probably some stuff I'm forgetting.

I think what you mean is the "inaugural"....even Royal has called both the Dec 1st and 5th sailings the inaugural at one point or another.....so your not the only confused one. However the TRUE inaugural is considered the Dec 5th sailing.

Is this a Halloween question?

Printed material we received from RC says this:

"Reserve now on one or both of the following sailings:

The Maiden Voyage

Labadee Extravaganza

December 1, 2010

And

The Inaugural Sailing

Western Caribbean

December 5, 2010 "

Very typical of RC. As recently as last month, VP Lisa Bauer, in Adam's blog, was referring to the Dec 5 sailing as the maiden voyage. Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing type thing.

Last year they used "pre inaugural" and "inaugural" to distinquish between the two. At some point this year RC made references to the Dec 1 sailing being the "inaugural" which of course confused everyone, and upset a lot of people booked on the 12/5 sailing who were expecting the extra "inaugural" goodies. So at some point it looks like someone at RC said "ok, we accidentally called the 12/1 sailing inaugural, so let's call the 12/5 sailing "maiden" and that was official for a while, at least. But it would appear that others still had "inaugural" stuck in their head and kept using that for 12/5.

Bottom line? Who cares what it's called, pax on both sailings will likely be treated to goodies and a festive atmosphere. :)

Very typical of RC. As recently as last month, VP Lisa Bauer, in Adam's blog, was referring to the Dec 5 sailing as the maiden voyage. Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing type thing.

Last year they used "pre inaugural" and "inaugural" to distinquish between the two. At some point this year RC made references to the Dec 1 sailing being the "inaugural" which of course confused everyone, and upset a lot of people booked on the 12/5 sailing who were expecting the extra "inaugural" goodies. So at some point it looks like someone at RC said "ok, we accidentally called the 12/1 sailing inaugural, so let's call the 12/5 sailing "maiden" and that was official for a while, at least. But it would appear that others still had "inaugural" stuck in their head and kept using that for 12/5.

Bottom line? Who cares what it's called, pax on both sailings will likely be treated to goodies and a festive atmosphere. :)

There's going to be a witch on the inaugural sailings?

Did you just call Lisa Bauer a witch:eek::p:D

Don't forget, we got to have Rey at the Sky Bar, Meg!

That may not technically have been a gift from Royal, but he was the best!

"Big Daddy!!!" I knew you hung around these boards, and assumed eventually I'd figure out which screenname was you!! :D

Agreed though, Rey was the best. Here's hoping he gets assigned to Allure post-vacation as he hoped. 52 days and counting....

Archived