You're going on ANOTHER cruise?

texaridian

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are almost 5 star mariners on HAL. That translates to 500 days of cruising. We are quite frugal and do not go overboard (no pun intended), while cruising. We book a verandah only if there are numerous on a ship. Always book the next while on board to get FCC. Concentrate on one company, to get free laundry, 1/2 price wine, etc. We also take advantage of CCL stock program for shipboard credit. We don't pay extra in the premium restaurants, and try to arrange our own tours whenever possible. Many times we take a train or subway while overseas to avoid taxi fees. We feel if we are careful, we can cruise more often. I have used CC a lot for tips in most of the ports we visit.

SKI (Spending Kids Inheritance) is kind of a joke among frequent cruisers. We have taken our family on numerous cruises. We are seeing them enjoy our world.

• 4 weeks later...

three more nights until we go on ANOTHER cruise. we get these comments from people who have never been, and we have so much fun that mysteriously, our friends have started cruising now too. it is the most fun on the water, and the cheapest way to travel, sleep, eat, snorkel, sight sea, relax, work out and get dressed up for dinner. we have so much fun. we are addicted. i think when someone says 'you are going on ANOTHER cruise', that they just look envious. i know i am jealous whenever i hear of someone going.

so, yippee for us that love cruising!!!

it reminds me of people who say that they hate sushi, but have never tried it. more for us!!

• 2 months later...

Wow I'm so glad I found this thread! My fiance and I took our first cruise last year (11/2014). We just booked our honeymoon cruise for October 2016. The first real response I got was "Oh wow, another cruise? Lucky you." I actually feel slightly bad about the fact that we are highly considering booking another cruise this year just so we aren't waiting over 600 days. It's not even that we make a ton of money either, we just manage our money.

I wish I would have found this forum last year before my cruise, but I am so glad I found it now. Makes waiting so much easier since I can share my new passion with people. :-)

• 9 months later...

We love to cruise and try to plan 2 a year. When people tell me we are lucky I just tell them ... No we are old! (65 and 66). When we were young my DH worked 7 days a week, 3 shifts and we saved money. We raised 4 kids,helped put them through private college and never went anywhere without them... When I complained about saving too much. He always said you will thank me later when we are old! So now i am old... Get me on the ship!

• 1 month later...

I plan my cruises well in advance, mainly so I can lock in the lower rates and save save save! I always do one cruise a year (tried to do 2/yr a couple times but then I got my own place and that promptly stopped!) I work hard for my vacations so I will go on as many cruises as is financially comfortable for me.

• 7 months later...

I don't mind letting everyone know I am traveling and I proudly post pix of my travels. The 7 of us (3 kids, parents, 2 grandmas) will be cruising for the second time this year in November and we can't wait! I've yet to meet anyone who has questioned our travels/cruises but maybe because our friends also like to travel?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...