October 13th Sale

schreader

I have started to receive some offers for October 13th (Cruise Associations worlds largest cruise night???) Does anyone know if Carnival usually participates in this? I am going to book a cruise for September 2011 in a couple of weeks but if they are going to have a sale I may book then (6 of us are going from all over the US so I need to plan when we will book).

Since they rolled out Early Saver, and have now put so many restrictions on what TA's can offer, I have not been able to find any good sale for Carnival. And when Carnival runs a sale, they often hike the prices to compensate for upgrades or whatever. The best I have ever been able to find in the last year or so is Early Saver, as long as you can handle the restrictions. Good luck!

I have been watching the prices for a couple of months now for the date/ship that I want and the price has been holding steady. I decided to book this cruise as a girls getaway to give Las Vegas a break for a year, we usually go every October for 4 nights. Only one other person in our group has cruised before.

If its for this Oct, then your best bet is a pack n go rate that comes out on wednesdays. They havent been great prices to me lately .. but I keep checking hoping for a big bargain.

If it is next Oct 2011, then check ES rates, which are usually better than sale prices... but lots of restrictions. Be careful on those ES rates too, no changes, people cant just cancel before final payment and get a refund. (and Id like to do right now)

I just got a notice yesterday from RCI (Resort Condominiums Inc.) for the cruise sale on 10-13-2010. Their flyer features CARNIVAL so I will be calling them on the 13th to see what they can do for me. Of course, you have to be a member to buy from them (own a condo week) but just wanted to let you know that it appears that the sale is for real. How good it will be is another question all together. I also saw the cruise sale in our local newspaper being done by one of the local TAs but for 2 days 12th and 13th. Check it out around you . . . can't hurt!

You will not get a better Carnival deal from anyone than Carnival's ES rate. Carnival has made that impossible.

We book at least a year in advance when prices are low and they usually go up many hundreds. We always save a bundle by booking early and through ES. Those who book last minute also get good prices I hear, but we can't do that...and we like knowing wayyyy ahead of time when and where we are going. The anticipation is part of the fun.

Hope you get a great deal when and where -ever you book.

I just got a notice yesterday from RCI (Resort Condominiums Inc.) for the cruise sale on 10-13-2010. Their flyer features CARNIVAL so I will be calling them on the 13th to see what they can do for me. Of course, you have to be a member to buy from them (own a condo week) but just wanted to let you know that it appears that the sale is for real. How good it will be is another question all together. I also saw the cruise sale in our local newspaper being done by one of the local TAs but for 2 days 12th and 13th. Check it out around you . . . can't hurt!

Just me, but I would never buy a cruise from a time share/condo/telephone solicitation, nor would I buy a cruise from an organization that requires me to be a paying member.

I happened to be searching the carnival site on Sunday night and saw a reference to the October 13 sale. So I am sure there will be one and I for one will be watching very closely. I scanned the details and it appears that the "sale" will be on available sailings through December 2011. Not sure what other restrictions will be as I didn't pay attention that closely. I can't get there now - I also can't remember exactly what I searched...so I guess we will have to wait and see.

No, no, no, no! RCI is a legit company that you do your condo trading thru if you own a condo week already! They have a travel service for their members and we can trade our condo week for a cruise as well. I only posted this info to tell people that the cruise sale on the 13th is really happening and to check with their TA's.

Archived