C&A coupons. Crucon not accepting them.

Booked a Thanksgiving cruise with Crucon. Have a C&A coupon for $225.00, which they will not accept, they say the cruise is discounted already.

Anyone else experienced this please? Who makes these decisions? Crucon or RCCL?

There is a simple answer....Find another travel agent. icon_wink.gif

thadventure-ZDsc20077.jpg

<MARQUEE>RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004 </MARQUEE>

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

pistons_65.gif NBA Championship 2004!

Win Pistons 4 Bucks 1 On to round 2

Win Pistons 4 Nets 3 On to round 3

Win Pistons 4 Pacers 2 Eastern Conference Champs! On to the Finals.

Pistons 3 Lakers 1

It's not RCCL, it's your TA. I never had a problem using mine with my discount cruise TA.

Jan

NEXT CRUISE - MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory, Conquest, Sensation

That's odd! icon_confused.gif They accepted both the plat. balcony discount and my C&A coupon. Of course not for full face value but they were still accepted. icon_cool.gif

Tom Mulligan

Cruise Addict

Monarch of the Seas 6/02

Monarch of the Seas 4/03

Enchantment of the Seas 7/03

Sovereign of the Seas 12/03

Sovereign of the Seas 4/04 *Voyager of the Seas 7/04 *Navigator of the Seas 12/04

There offering may be a group booking or another deeply discounted promotional price.. which "might" (though I could be wrong) eligible for discount.

Carolyn

(it states it on back of coupon... may not be applicable to some restricted fares)

Smartcruiser.com doesn't accept coupons either. Same reason - they are already discounted.

*****.com said they will take coupons, even AFTER the trip is already booked - just fax it over.

Anyone know about anyother of the discount TAs?

It's a good idea to call the TA, even the online ones, and ask questions BEFORE booking. Ask everything you can think of - this way you'll know what they will be like in case you have a problem later on. Thanks to this board, I didn't have to learn that the hard way.

Counting down to the Rhapsody OTS - 12/05/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Sunward II 9/90, Adventure OTS 9/03

mconthehighseas,

Icruise is the same. They will not take C & A coupons even though when I booked on the phone with them they said they would accept price drops.

Jevey,

I called RCCL directly and talked to the C & A department. I was told by one person that they would take the coupon after final payment, but not take it a face value. I did what the person told me and then received a email back that I had to present it to the TA. Well the TA,Icruise, doesn't take them. I had read some place on this board that RCCL takes coupons after final payment... THEY DON'T! I really didn' expect it, but thought I would try any way. You do have the option of cancelling your reservation and rebooking it with another TA that would take the C & A coupon. We had a balcony on a Panama Canal sailing and didn't want to chance losing the cabin, the cruise was sold out, so we just chalked it up to a learning experience.

It is great that post such as this come up. It allows people new to the board to learn from others experiences.

Have a great cruise.... and forget that you ever saw a C & A coupon, don't let it spoil your cruise.

God bless you and yours.

Many places do not accept all sorts of coupons. Look at the bottom line AND look at what you want.

1. If end cost is most important to you, then go with the method that is least expensive for you.

2. If you want service from a TA, then that must be taken into account. Does Crucon give the sort of service you want? If it does (and that is important) then go with them.

3. You might try booking direct with RCCI then transferring your booking to Crucon. You MIGHT be able to have it all that way.

I shop at Costco. They do not generally take manufacturer's coupons. BUT they have the stuff I want at a price I am willing to pay. I have decided that the coupons aren't worth it to me in that case.

As far as Crucon is concerned, you must look at your options and your wants. Then decide.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

I am booked on a deeply discounted GROUP cruise with Crucon, and I was able to use my C&A coupon, no problem.

Ask to talk to a Supervisor.

Formerly known as "Doulasue"

Suep366394@aol.com

woodstock-28.gif

NEXT UP~MARINER, Sept 19th

MIRACLE~FEB 13,2005!

royalsmallwide.gif

Miracle.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/upstatedon OUR CRUISE PICS!

What we did when we did our booking through Expedia is, we made a copy of the coupon...front and back. And simply mailed into RCCI to the addy on the back of coupon..and guess what? It was taken off directly through RCCI. So I just cut out the middle man. I say send it in!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yarlenna:

I shop at Costco. They do not generally take manufacturer's coupons. BUT they have the stuff I want at a price I am willing to pay. I have decided that the coupons aren't worth it to me in that case.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting comment. I've used "BJ's Club" many times and consider it equivalent to Costco, except BJ's has always accepted C&A coupons at 100% of face value. The only requirement (that I know of) is they want the coupon submitted prior to final payment.

And like you I consider the customer service received as a factor in my pricing (rate them highly on both).

Driftwoodgal,

A coupon is not a price drop, it is a coupon. A price drop is when RCI lowers the cruise price for everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

I have used coupons with my TA at Crucon several times. The only time you'll find that Crucon won't accept C&A coupons is on an already discounted "group" rate that Crucon has negotiated. Recently my TA gave me a "group" rate for which the coupon could not be used, then rated with my Platinum coupon off the basic RCI rate, and my rate with coupon was better than the "group". So he booked it that way. If I had been Gold, the group rate would have been better.

I hope that's not correct. When we booked our group cruise on the Mariner through CruCon, I asked Kevin our TA if C&A coupons would be accepted. He said that had in the past and saw no reason why they wouldn't in the future.

Beth

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=6B8E23><font size="2">

<marquee width=50%>Until Mariner Reali-tini Cruise</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=6B8E23&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

CLICK HERE for the ROLL CALL

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

<font size="1">

Jevey

Have you priced your cruise eleswhere? Try cruisequick for the heck of it. If they come in the same or lower (probably will be lower), call CruCon and tell them that you'll need to cancel or transfer your booking to the other agency who will accept the coupon.

Driftwoodgal,

By the way, RCCI certainly does accept coupons after final payment. It's the TA who won't.

Tropical 9/91

Ecstasy 9/93

Monarch 9/95

Sensation 9/96

Grandeur 9/97

Inspiration 9/98

Enchantment 9/99

Grandeur 9/00

Explorer 3/01

Grand 9/01.........Review!!

Victory 9/02........Review!!

Navigator 3/03....Review!!

Adventure 9/03....Review!!

Voyager 9/04

Email....Cruisinfanatic@AOL.COM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larryhnj:

Anyone know if Cruisequick.com takes the C & A coupons.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, cruise quick will accept certain coupons.

Click here for all of the details.

They do accept C&A coupons, but they discount the face value by 16%. They will also process the 'coupon' via email.

The link above has all the details.

hounds3.gif

CQ does accept coupons but only at 84% of the value of coupon. In other words, a $100 coupon would only net you a $84 reduction in price.

Carnival Festivale 8/95

RCI Navigator of the Seas 1/24/04--SEE MY REVIEW AT http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=408097554&m=7683004077

RCI Brilliance of the Seas 1/14/05

WE CAN'T WAIT TIL WE SAIL AGAIN!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

There are some discount rates that can't be used in combination with C&A coupons. Call RCI directly and ask them if the rate you are booked under allows you to use C&A coupons. On our Legend cruise this september I thought our TA was jerking us around because we got a really good rate and then wouldn't accept our C&A coupon. I called RCI to see if they could apply the coupon and was told that with our discount rate they(RCI) would not allow the use of the coupon.

Diane

Explorer of the Sea 12/5/04

Legend of the Sea 9/12/04

Voyager of the Sea 8/24/03

Sovereign of the Sea 07/01

Just called RCCL ..again, they said the TA honors coupons.... When I made mention that some on this board had received it, from RCCL by sending the coupon in themselves...she said to go ahead, and try it, I may get it!

This cruising business is getting more and more like airline tix! Imagine what went on before this information age?

To clarify - I do not use Costco's agency. I like my TA with a different agency. That agency, however, has recently closed its local office and reduced the level of service to its customers - so I will try to find my agent when it is time to book my next cruise. IF I can find him - and book through him with the same level of service, I will book through him, no matter where he is working. If not - well, I will be looking at other agencies. I DO, however, find great value in a hard-working agent who can take care of our needs.

Work like a dog. Live like a pauper. Save all your money. Then Cruise!

My gif kitties have gone to cyber heaven so that dial up cruisers don't have a problem getting their posts read.

Jevey- I had the same problem with Crucon and I switched to Cruisequick and had no problem. Any time I tried to use a coupon and Crucon they said the same thing "It's already discounted".

Grandeur of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Nordic Empress 6/2003

Explorer of the Seas 10/2001

There's a BIG difference with booking into a group, and booking with Individual Reservations. RCI will also accept faxed front-and-back copies of C&A coupons. On-line agencies always advertise themselves as "discount" agencies, and you won't get full value of the coupon (the agency generally holds 13% of it). Icruise doesn't have the greatest reputation (I've read several posts from "disgruntled" cruisers about them). Some will, some won't. Best to check the policy BEFORE you book!

Archived