Vera Bradley Luggage

dajulieness

Has anyone used it?

I am looking to get a 26in Upright and 17 in rolling travel tote. I do not plan on bringing these bags on the plane. I check bags. (see rant on people rummaging through their carryons in another post)

I am not a light packer so I would hope they are roomy and have lots of pockets like the purses do.

Are you asking about the 26" rolling, expandable upright? Cute, but no way would I EVER check this bag (and it's too big to carry on). Your luggage is absolutely trashed by the baggage handlers. Ever watched what they do to it? Can't see any fabric bag holding up long under that abuse.

At $320 a bag, you can do better and get luggage that will really last. I have a 24" Tumi rollarboard that I paid less than that for. It's lasted for 21 years of travel, with a couple small repairs, and still keeps going.

You can easily take the 17" rolling travel tote on the plane. I would consider that, but again, never would I check it.

Rolling carry on bags on a plane drive me nuts. People take forever to put them up top and hold everyone up while they look through it and change their clothes 3 times. If it doesn't fit under the seat in front of me. I dont take it on.

Oh well, I'll just wait for the spring prints to come out and get a new tote.

There is no way I'd check such luggage.

I'm thinking one trip and it could be done for.

I have a tote that's a knock-off, but essentially the same construction and fabric. It took barely any time at all for it to start looking ratty and it wasn't dragged, dropped, subjected to the elements, and generally beaten up the way checked luggage normally is.

(I can't say that I ever seen anyone changing clothes in the aisle of an airplane :eek:)

Has anyone used it?

I am looking to get a 26in Upright and 17 in rolling travel tote. I do not plan on bringing these bags on the plane. I check bags. (see rant on people rummaging through their carryons in another post)

I am not a light packer so I would hope they are roomy and have lots of pockets like the purses do.

Pretty to look at but looks only go so far.:)

Oh my, don't get me started on people and their carryons. I will keep my mouth shut to avoid a war.:D

Pretty to look at but looks only go so far.:)

Oh my, don't get me started on people and their carryons. I will keep my mouth shut to avoid a war.:D

Oh I can't stand it. It took 10 minutes to get off the damn plane last time I flew because of people and their coats, and their rolling carryons in the above bins. I could go on for hours.

Oh I can't stand it. It took 10 minutes to get off the damn plane last time I flew because of people and their coats, and their rolling carryons in the above bins. I could go on for hours.

I could not agree with you more; that flight attendent that had the meltdown a couple of months ago is my hero. Most people wait until the lat minute to get on the flight and then crush anything you put in the overhead bin. It's so annoying. They should ban all rolling bags on flights IMO.

I could not agree with you more; that flight attendent that had the meltdown a couple of months ago is my hero. Most people wait until the lat minute to get on the flight and then crush anything you put in the overhead bin. It's so annoying. They should ban all rolling bags on flights IMO.

Do some research on your "hero". There was much more to this story than first reported.

http://online.wsj.com/article/NA_WSJ_PUB:SB10001424052748704407804575425923145773264.html

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5686252/jetblue_flight_attendants_story_a_hoax.html

I guess so.

However, there are numerous other stories of some outrageous things that flight attendents have to endure. There used to be a program on TV that showed the day to day things that airport workers, as well as flight attendents, deal with and many times I could not believe what some people would do. A pax trying to board with a chandelier then being upset when they were told they couldn't take it on.

I guess so.

However, there are numerous other stories of some outrageous things that flight attendents have to endure. There used to be a program on TV that showed the day to day things that airport workers, as well as flight attendents, deal with and many times I could not believe what some people would do. A pax trying to board with a chandelier then being upset when they were told they couldn't take it on.

That was Airline, which showed Southwest Airlines. The funniest thing about that show was, at least 90% of the time people were complaining about something that was totally their fault. And, they wanted to blame the airline.

Any service industry jobs can be rough. I have watched some amazingly rude people at airports treat the airline employees like garbage. However, if you can't deal with this, or take it personally, you need to preserve your sanity, and get out of that line of work. Releasing an emergency slide and putting people in danger isn't a particularly good way to cope.

That was Airline, which showed Southwest Airlines. The funniest thing about that show was, at least 90% of the time people were complaining about something that was totally their fault. And, they wanted to blame the airline.

Sounds like many complaints on CC.:D

Any service industry jobs can be rough. I have watched some amazingly rude people at airports treat the airline employees like garbage. However, if you can't deal with this, or take it personally, you need to preserve your sanity, and get out of that line of work. Releasing an emergency slide and putting people in danger isn't a particularly good way to cope.

Sure hope no ship personnel gets POed and releases a lifeboat.:p

Archived