Her Majesty The Queen Names Cunard's New Queen Elizabeth In Southampton

LauraS

I managed to find the BBC South channel on Sky tonight, and watched their extremely good programme. £1 billion a year for Soton!- from all the cruise ships now sailing from there!!

Looked like most of the other Vista ships from the outside....but she does have an enlarged brow, a little like Epic!

Jo.

I managed to find the BBC South channel on Sky tonight, and watched their extremely good programme. £1 billion a year for Soton!- from all the cruise ships now sailing from there!!

Looked like most of the other Vista ships from the outside....but she does have an enlarged brow, a little like Epic!

Jo.

I think the whole cruise ship industry is brilliant for Southampton, gives people like me and my wife a huge choice of cruises to go on, and we're often looking at the ABP Cruise ship visiting schedule to see what is coming into port that year.

As for the QE, looks great on the inside from what I've seen, not sure about the 'enlarged brow' like you said, was hoping for more of a sweeping line shape, but definitely nowhere near as bad as Epic's, now that was a shocker!

There are clips posted on Youtube covering the QE by the BBC and also by the WeAreCunard sites. Would post the first one, but feel as someone just ripped BBC's coverage and pasted it in there, they'd take exception to it being on there.

Have some friends of ours going on the maiden trip today to the Canaries, the lucky g*ts!! Still, only 10 months, 16 days until it's our turn!

ScrozUK

p.s. Wife is going down to Hamble Point later to get some photos and video footage of the ship leaving this evening! Weather is currently good for it tonight!

Was a wonderful day yesterday.

A great naming ceremony which I enjoyed.

Quintissentially British.

Having attended two Celebrity naming ceremonies this was somewhat different.

As for the ship.

As a TA I could willingly sell it, as it is stunning.

Would I cruise on it? Not in a hundred years. Just would not representt my idea of a holiday. Would feel out of place in shorts and t-shirt, and that is even pool side. Fabulous decor, fabulous bars etc, but not a place where I personally could comfortably relax.

I guess it is a case of different strokes for different folks.

Archived