Summit review

steeners81

I will be going on the Summit for a 6 night repostioning cruise from NJ to San Juan on Oct 24th. I was planning on doing a long pictorial review of the cruise but don't see many of them on the Celebrity board. If anyone would like to see a review like that please let me know I will be happy to do it I just don't want to waste the time and instead I will do a normal short review. Also if anyone wants to know anything that can be answered while I am on the ship let me know and I will try and get the answers for you.

I'd love to read/see anything you want to post! I'm cruising on Summit on Nov. 13 and it'll be my first cruise so the more I can find out about the ship in advance, the better! Thanks for sharing your experiences, and have a great time on your cruise!

I will be going on the Summit for a 6 night repostioning cruise from NJ to San Juan on Oct 24th. I was planning on doing a long pictorial review of the cruise but don't see many of them on the Celebrity board. If anyone would like to see a review like that please let me know I will be happy to do it I just don't want to waste the time and instead I will do a normal short review. Also if anyone wants to know anything that can be answered while I am on the ship let me know and I will try and get the answers for you.

We would love to see a review, we have a major thread going on the Summit for April 16th 2011. We as a group would be very interested please stop in.

Would love it! Cruising on November 6th so you'll give us up-to-date information on dining options and shows. Don't imagine they'll change much in a week or two! Thanks for taking the time to do it. I doubt this is possible, but if you could sneak a peak at cabin 8061 (our cabin)....I have conflicting information from the board's and Celebrity as to whether the balcony has an "obstructed" view.

Valerie

Would love it! Cruising on November 6th so you'll give us up-to-date information on dining options and shows. Don't imagine they'll change much in a week or two! Thanks for taking the time to do it. I doubt this is possible, but if you could sneak a peak at cabin 8061 (our cabin)....I have conflicting information from the board's and Celebrity as to whether the balcony has an "obstructed" view.

Valerie

If I happen to wander past the cabin and the door is open I will try and sneak a peak :)

Could you find out what day/time will the connections parties be held on the 7 day cruises out of San Juan? Also, if you can get an email address for the Captains Club staff member on board...that would be great!

When we sailed on the Summit this past spring (I did a back to back) both the Connection parties were on Sunday mid-morning. Most people were already off the ship. We had really poor attendance. Thankfully we had pre-arranged a meet and greet at sailaway otherwise I would have never met most of the Cruise Critic cruisers.

When we sailed on the Summit this past spring (I did a back to back) both the Connection parties were on Sunday mid-morning. Most people were already off the ship. We had really poor attendance. Thankfully we had pre-arranged a meet and greet at sailaway otherwise I would have never met most of the Cruise Critic cruisers.

That's what I'm afraid of...

Do you think we could hold our Poker/Cabin crawl at 4:30 on embarkation day? I think we'd have a better chance of seeing everyone then, rather that while we are in port somewhere else!

Do you think we could hold our Poker/Cabin crawl at 4:30 on embarkation day? I think we'd have a better chance of seeing everyone then, rather that while we are in port somewhere else!

Because we are going on a 6 night there will be no connections part for is (only on 7 nights or longer) so it may be hard for me to find out any info abotu that. But i do know from previous cruises lots of roll calls have an informal get together on embarkation day. They usually meet up somewhere after the muster drill.

I would love pictures also- This is our first Celebrity cruise! (And, I don't really care if there is rust... it's a ship that sits in water! There's been rust on every ship I have sailed on and it didn't hamper our fun! :D ) I am looking forward to your review! Thanks for doing it!!!

I would suggest doing exactly that. It is such a port intensive cruise it was hard to find a good time during the day to have it. We made ours at one of the poolside bars just before sail away.

I will be on the Summit Nov 13 and would definitley like to read your review. I am a first time cruiser and I am trying to decided about purchasing a drink pkg. If you can get any info on the drinks included in the Classic vs the Premium (what an $8 cocktail would be) that would be great. Have a great cruise!!

Good news Steener! I finally heard back from Celebrity and after contacting the ship they told me that cabin 8061 is an unobstructed view cabin! Thanks so much for offering to try to check for me. I am really looking forward to your review!

Valerie

Archived