World's Largest Cruise Night promotions- tomorrow, Oct 13

Janet987

Celebrity has not sent me anything about this..and usually they don't miss an opportunity to fill my inbox. One on-line agency newsletter indicated mostly modest OBC for sailings next summer...is that all? Has anyone seen other good deals on X, especially this winter, or on other lines that supposedly are only available tomorrow?

OK, it's not just me. Really the only mention of it I even saw was on the 3 day Eclipse thread "If anyone is really interested in booking this cruise ... if I were you, I'd wait a bit longer -- til next Wed, Oct 13... National Cruise Day -- the big once-a-year sale day that all the lines promote. It would likely be an even better deal then!" . And gosh, I wouldn't want to miss a sale.:)

Nothing from X, but I have gotten several things from other agencies. None of the pricing has been that impressive so far, unfortunately. I think the National Cruise day is sponsored by CLIA, not the cruiselines themselves, so that probably explains the lack of info on their part.

It is sponsered by CLIA but I can tell you all the cruise lines are very committed to it.... but again keep im mind it's marketing...it's to get folks excited about cruising and get as many new customes as it can....it is heavily promoted by the X reps and agencies etc....

But for savvy folks like us it may not seem so exciting enough to book unless we knew we wanted a particular sailing....

and I have to see if the prices go up to offset the OBC which I suspect will happen.:D

CC

RKD,

X finally sent an email I received 11 am yesterday. Sale was not just yesterday, you have two more days, but as other CC members have already written, it's not too eXciting. X has has better "Special Offers" on their own website than this:

Take part in the World's Largest Cruise Night event and receive up to a $150* onboard credit if you book between October 13 - 15, 2010. Don't miss this opportunity to sail on a 7 - 15-night cruise departing April 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011. Enjoy a vast array of itineraries such as: Alaska, Australia/New Zealand, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, South America, Transatlantic, and Panama Canal.

How many "Best Prices of the Year" Sales are advertised each year? I have five cruises booked and in every case they are now priced higher than I paid. Even the Eclipse Dec 4 and 11 are higher now even though they are offering all sorts of discounts.

Archived