FLL Airport to Miami port Transportation

platterb

Has anyone used SAS Transportation for transfer between the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and the Port of Miami? Any problems? Do they have a lot of drivers or do you have to wait for them to return from POM? What about transfer back to the Airport? How do they accommodate all of the people getting off the ship in a relative short period of time? If I'm not mistaken, it's a 40 minute drive.

Appreciate any assistance.

Barb

Has anyone used SAS Transportation for transfer between the Ft. Lauderdale Airport and the Port of Miami? Any problems? Do they have a lot of drivers or do you have to wait for them to return from POM? What about transfer back to the Airport? How do they accommodate all of the people getting off the ship in a relative short period of time? If I'm not mistaken, it's a 40 minute drive.

Appreciate any assistance.

Barb

If you book with SAS and they tell you what time they will be there, they will be there at that time. Steve is very dependable and runs a good business.

We've never used them but we are booked with them for next March, based on all the positive recommendations on Cruise Critic. So far, all of the feedback I've seen has been good. If you pop over to the Ports of Call -> United States -> Florida Departures board, there are lots of positive recommendations and info for SAS there.

We just got back Saturday from our cruise and used SAS again. This time they had us call when heading down to get our luggage and again when we had it all. Walked out of the building and he drove right up. Getting off the cruise ship he again had us call before going through Customs and then again when we finished. Walked out to the spot and he pulled right up. Very quick service with friendly drivers. Would recommend using SAS to any family or friend.

If you have questions, Steve is really good about calling/emailing back so just ask him.

We have used SAS several times. Our next cruise in November we found some others on our roll call who also have to go to the FFL airport. Since there will be five in our group, we each had our price dropped to $13. They also pick us up from our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (we always fly in the day before cruising) and drive us to the port. Just 32 days to go. Yippee!:D

• 3 weeks later...

Great service. Used SAS last Friday. Our plane was nearly 2 hours late. They were calling me before I even got off the aircraft to tell me they were there waiting and where to meet them. Express service directly to our hotel. Couldn't have been better.

Used SAS at end of October. For only $15 pp each way from FLL airport or from your hotel in that area to Port of Miami in a clean, comfortable van with a very nice, very accomodating driver, WHY USE ANYBODY ELSE??? They are super reliable and a great value. Much quicker than using the cruise line's bus, less crowded and the driver gave us a tour while driving instead of awkward silence. :p

• 1 year later...

We traveled from Ft. Lauderdale to the Port of Miami and back with SAS , they were very timely and very nice, we are going to use them again here very soon. I would recommend them to anyone going on a cruise.

If we arrive FLL the day before sailing, but would prefer to stay in Miami, can we still arrange transport through SAS?

Yes -but for downtown hotels colse to POM. From there you'll need to taxi to POM (about $10-12 for the cab). Try Hyatt, Doubletree, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn and a few versions of Marriott. Good luck! :)

How can I get there contact info? How can I book them?

SAS is easy to get ahold of just call them at - 1-954-600-0240, we called the day we were ready to head for our cruise and they had enough room for us, but you can call ahead too, we will this time around.

LOVED SAS transportation when we used them from FLL - MIA. They are very dependable and come highly recommended on these boards. :)

SAS has a sight on here, you can get all the info on the rates and times they run, and the phone number, and the driver will give you his cell number when you get back to Miami before you go thru the security check call him and he will be waiting for you and tell you where he is located.

Yes -but for downtown hotels colse to POM. From there you'll need to taxi to POM (about $10-12 for the cab). Try Hyatt, Doubletree, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn and a few versions of Marriott. Good luck! :)

Thanks. Have sailed from POM many times. Usually stay on South Beach but not this time. Sailing over new years and hotel prices are outrageous. Have stayed at the downtown Courtyard and Marriott Biscayne Bay on business and will probably pick one of these. Or if prices stay where they are, may just stay in FLL.

Archived