I have hidden treasure on the Carnival Dream. Read more to find it!

ncboys

This reminds me of a RCCL cruise we took one year where a lady came on our roll call and said she had been on the repo cruise right before us and had hidden something in her cabin for the next person. The cabin really did have kind of a neat nook area behind a mirror or something that was enclosed.

We were in the cabin next door. I told the occupants that something was in there for them behind the mirror and they found it. It was something like drink coupons and can koozies or something. There was a note explaining that they should pay it forward. They bought t-shirts and something else and put them back in there with the note.

I thought it was pretty cool and often wondered how long it went on. Maybe it still is!! :)

I wonder if you could get permission to leave a cache on a ship?? that would be awesome.. anyone know?

We have geocached, and have hid a few. I think the problem with it being on a ship is the cords are constantly changing.

Heads up here - on our second cruise we found 3 nice crisp $20 bills in the bible. We figured it was heaven sent - since then I always flip through the bible just in case. Never did find money again, but it was kind of neat. I asked people on our rollcall what I should do - turn it in or keep it and they all said to keep it as Carnival doesn't know which guest might have left it. I used to add to our tips - I figured it wasn't mine to begin with so might as well pass it on.

OK.... while on the Carnival Dream last week I hid treasure for my fellow Cruise Critic friends. Hidden above the door(in the light tray), directly outside room 2437 is a copy of the book, "Devils on the Deep Blue Seas". OK... so maybe it's not "treasure" but its a neat book about the history of Carnival Cruise lines(and some other cruise lines). Its an interesting read, especially while on a cruise. The book contains some wild stories including one about Carnival workers strike while aboard two ships in the 70's and Carnival's hiring of mercenaries with machine guns to regain control of the ship. Yes.... really. There's also a ton of neat info about crew life.

So here's how i'm hoping that this will work. I would like each person who finds the book to read it, sign it(name and hometown). Then, after you have read it, return it to it's hiding place for the next treasure hunter the following week. I'll be back on the Dream in October 2011 and I think it would be neat to open the book, a year later, and see all the signatures of those who who have found the treasure.

So anyone wanna go on a treasure hunt?

Let me know what you think and if you found it. Please be discreet when taking and returning the book as the room steward may remove it if he sees you.

The book is located in the hallway, in the light tray directly above the door of room 2437. You won't be able to see the book(since it's above the door) but just stick your hand up there and you'll feel it.

2437.jpg

book.jpg

I am in cabin 2437 next week.

Maybe someone else was faster and didn't have time to post.

I'll be on the Glory (jan.23-2011) so if someone want to try it.... I would love that. If not i will do it and let you know. I think the library might be a good place for a book.

Archived