I have hidden treasure on the Carnival Dream. Read more to find it!

ncboys

OK.... while on the Carnival Dream last week I hid treasure for my fellow Cruise Critic friends. Hidden above the door(in the light tray), directly outside room 2437 is a copy of the book, "Devils on the Deep Blue Seas". OK... so maybe it's not "treasure" but its a neat book about the history of Carnival Cruise lines(and some other cruise lines). Its an interesting read, especially while on a cruise. The book contains some wild stories including one about Carnival workers strike while aboard two ships in the 70's and Carnival's hiring of mercenaries with machine guns to regain control of the ship. Yes.... really. There's also a ton of neat info about crew life.

So here's how i'm hoping that this will work. I would like each person who finds the book to read it, sign it(name and hometown). Then, after you have read it, return it to it's hiding place for the next treasure hunter the following week. I'll be back on the Dream in October 2011 and I think it would be neat to open the book, a year later, and see all the signatures of those who who have found the treasure.

So anyone wanna go on a treasure hunt?

Let me know what you think and if you found it. Please be discreet when taking and returning the book as the room steward may remove it if he sees you.

The book is located in the hallway, in the light tray directly above the door of room 2437. You won't be able to see the book(since it's above the door) but just stick your hand up there and you'll feel it.

2437.jpg

book.jpg

Cool idea, but the fact that there was probably lil or no dust in that spot lets you know that they do indeed clean every inch of the ship. People have tried to do similar things over the years, and it never really worked.

Wishing you the best of luck with it

OK.... while on the Carnival Dream last week I hid treasure for my fellow Cruise Critic friends. Hidden above the door(in the light tray), directly outside room 2437 is a copy of the book, "Devils on the Deep Blue Seas". OK... so maybe it's not "treasure" but its a neat book about the history of Carnival Cruise lines(and some other cruise lines). Its an interesting read, especially while on a cruise. The book contains some wild stories including one about Carnival workers strike while aboard two ships in the 70's and Carnival's hiring of mercenaries with machine guns to regain control of the ship. Yes.... really. There's also a ton of neat info about crew life.

So here's how i'm hoping that this will work. I would like each person who finds the book to read it, sign it(name and hometown). Then, after you have read it, return it to it's hiding place for the next treasure hunter the following week. I'll be back on the Dream in October 2011 and I think it would be neat to open the book, a year later, and see all the signatures of those who who have found the treasure.

So anyone wanna go on a treasure hunt?

Let me know what you think and if you found it. Please be discreet when taking and returning the book as the room steward may remove it if he sees you.

The book is located in the hallway, in the light tray directly above the door of room 2437. You won't be able to see the book(since it's above the door) but just stick your hand up there and you'll feel it.

2437.jpg

book.jpg

Cool idea, i'll see if its there. i'll be on the dream this saturday. i'll let ya know if it was there after I return......:p;):D

Cool idea, but the fact that there was probably lil or no dust in that spot lets you know that they do indeed clean every inch of the ship. People have tried to do similar things over the years, and it never really worked.

Wishing you the best of luck with it

It's hidden pretty deep in the light tray. I'm sure it gets cleaned daily, but i doubt they clean the inside of it. You've got to stick your hand in there pretty far to find it. Hopefully it will get overlooked by the cleaning staff. :)

Cool idea, i'll see if its there. i'll be on the dream this saturday. i'll let ya know if it was there after I return......:p;):D

If that's not anywhere close to your cabin, you might get a strange look if the occupants of that cabins open the door or walk up and see you reaching around the top of their door....ijs :D

I think you can just leave books in the library??

Nice idea...BUT....I can just imagine what a mess if many others here

try to do the same...plus they do clean pretty well I think and will just put the book in lost and found ???

LOL

(anyone remember the rash of 45 day letters people would write for?)

I'm not sure if you have heard of it before but this is ALOT like geocaching. I highly recommend checking it out since you may think its cool. if you go to geocaching(dot) com there is a little video clip that explains it well. I am on the dream in a 24 days and I will look for the book since treasure hunts are awesome. If anyone reads this post and starts geocaching because of it please find me there. my screen name here is the same on geocaching(dot) com only with no spaces. and my email is also the same at AOL (dot) com. message me, I would love to meet fellow cachers..

If you find it how about hiding it again and putting a clue here so I can look for it when i am on the Dream The week of Halloween and if I find it then I'll do the same.

I wonder if you could get permission to leave a cache on a ship?? that would be awesome.. anyone know?

I wish! Would be awesome indeed.

We are geocaching in Grand Cayman Nov 2 though, and we are so looking forward to it. Our first attempts internationally!

I wonder if you could get permission to leave a cache on a ship?? that would be awesome.. anyone know?

Don't quote me on this, but I think you can. It seems like when I took the Liberty last year, cruisers where talking about it. Hmmmm....definitely search out this board, you might be surprised what you'll find :)

It would be cool to have some sort of treasure hunt. The problem with it being a geocache is that the ship is moving so you wouldn't be able to use GPS coordinates.

I actually think maybe a picture of each person holding the book to have found it from a digital camera (they have the print machines on the ship) would also be a great idea. I am excited. There is one sailing that could possibly snatch this before me. PLEASE if you are on the next sailing, put it back, as I will be looking for it first thing when I set sail Oct 23rd (next week).

Very cool idea!

Archived