Suite Upsell Patterns

singinglizzie

In my opinion, it is not worth giving up an AFT balcony for a mini for an extra $590. Way too pricey for what you get in the stateroom, and I am assuming it is not an AFT mini, so you are giving up a prime balcony! My advice is to stay put and enjoy your AFT - they are getting harder to come by now that the word is out on these boards!

As far as upsells through TA's, that seems to be a mixed bag. Some have reported it happening, and I get the feeling others think their TA's don't even bother dealing with it. I always book direct, and have received an upsell on 2 of my 7 NCL cruises. I really think it's the luck of the draw, but having a good location helps your chances. You have a great stateroom, so plan on loving it, and if by chance a good upsell comes your way, deal with it then!

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I booked our first cruise ever on the Jade which leaves this Sunday. Today I received a call from NCL offering us an owners suite for an extra $700. We booked a mini-suite through NCL. With little time to think I turned it down....probably a mistake....oh well. BTW we never called or asked about upsell... in fact this was a new term to us until recently being on these boards.

My wife and I booked our first cruise ever on the Jade which leaves this Sunday. Today I received a call from NCL offering us an owners suite for an extra $700. We booked a mini-suite through NCL. With little time to think I turned it down....probably a mistake....oh well. BTW we never called or asked about upsell... in fact this was a new term to us until recently being on these boards.

Wow, I would love to upgrade to an OS for $700= but everyone is different. Upgrading from a mini to a real suite would get you suite perks. If you are having 2nd thoughts, you might be able to call back and see if the offer is still avail, but if not, go and enjoy your cruise!!

On our cruise, the Garden Villa and two A3s went empty. Guess they couldn't get any takers? We were in an AE and never got a call.

They were also offering a AC as a bingo prize.

On our first sailing of the Star several years ago there was one empty Garden Villa. We asked the concierge at our CC meeting if we could see the villa. He gave our CC group a grand tour then said the villa was to be given away the next night during Bingo.

Sure enough, a young newly married couple won it and were moved from their inside cabin up to the villa. What a treat for that young couple.

Dianne

My Epic cruise is about 5 weeks away and there are at least 15 CV's still available. We're already in a CV with 4 people so there's nothing they could really upgrade us to and no reason to upgrade us since they have so many other CV's available.

I imagine all those available CV's are going to be offered to families who now have balconies. I hate to think of all those people who are going to be in CV's paying much less than I did. Hopefully they won't be bragging about it around the courtyard pool.:p

My Epic cruise is about 5 weeks away and there are at least 15 CV's still available. We're already in a CV with 4 people so there's nothing they could really upgrade us to and no reason to upgrade us since they have so many other CV's available.

I imagine all those available CV's are going to be offered to families who now have balconies. I hate to think of all those people who are going to be in CV's paying much less than I did. Hopefully they won't be bragging about it around the courtyard pool.:p

It wouldn't bother me if they got it for less. If I paid for a CV outright it means that I can afford it.:) Those people who might be the dusted by the fairy wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise I'm sure they would have done so.

Archived