New to Princess - Coral question

Cruisin D

We are looking to book a cruise on the Coral Princess next September Alaska and then onto the Panama Canal.

Can I please have some hints and tips on the best balcony room to book and what are the kids activities like.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers

There will be kids on the Alaska part of your cruise but not many on the Panama Canal cruise. It's longer than a week plus most schools will be back in class. I don't know what the kids activities will be like but I wouldn't expect much on the Panama Canal section.

We were on the Coral in April this year, FLL to Vancouver. We had a starboard Caribe balcony in the forward bumpout, C235. It was great -quite close to the elevators, not too far to the forward viewing area and really quiet. I agree with Rockmountainsparky, a portside cabin on your trip would be the better.

There will be kids on the Alaska part of your cruise but not many on the Panama Canal cruise. It's longer than a week plus most schools will be back in class. I don't know what the kids activities will be like but I wouldn't expect much on the Panama Canal section.

I doubt there will be many kids on a September Alaska cruise (or the cruise after). Most schools would have started by then.

We just got off the Coral through the canal. I agree that there were not but a few children on the Panama Canal portion of the cruise. We had a balcony on the port side of Emerald deck. It is a larger balcony and is very private and fully covered. I would book this room again any time. It was great through the canal.

If you are trying to decide which side of the ship to book for the best viewing while going through the Canal, the best side going from LA to FLL is starboard; going from FLL it would be port. I've done two Panama Canal cruises this year and I prefer to be on the side where the most action is.

Thanks for all your input. Keep it comming, if you have anything that is particular to the Coral that would be great.

From the 3 or 4 cruises that we are looking at for next year this one is on the top of the list.

Thanks again

We were also on the repo FLL/Van this spring, and it was a super cruise. You will love the Coral. We had a balcony on Aloha deck, just a couple away from a bump-out, but it was fine. We did enjoy watching sea turtles,dolphins, whales from our deck while enjoying our pre-dinner drinks, but for the best canal viewing, we would suggest leaving your room, and roam all over the ship....so much to see, tons of great, and uncrowded places to enjoy this amazing experience.

Don't forget to take advantage of making a large sign (supplies provided by cruise staff) to say hello to friends/relatives at home. Our group of 8 made a large sign, and we have wonderful photo memories of this very special cruise. We have kept the sign (yes, dragged it all the way home)

and bring it out every time our group get together.

Can't wait to go again!

Archived