Call from Carnival - Come Early

izzypooch

We are leaving on The Dream this Saturday and a couple of days ago we got a call from Carnival telling us to arrive at the port at 10:30. At first I thought it might have something to do with Hurricane Paula, but later that day heard from others in our group and all had got calls but some were told to come between 1 and 2 pm. My husband thinks it might be because The Dream is bigger and they are trying to stagger boarding, but I've never heard this mentioned in any of the reviews.

So...has anybody else experienced this? I sure don't mind starting my cruise an hour earlier (my past experience has been boarding starts around 11:30.)

Any idea why they are doing this?

We got the call too for the Dream for Sat. DH had the message and it was a bit fuzzy on the cell phone but he thought it said 8.30, but I had seen other posts on here saying 10.30. We are FL residents so I think a previous poster had thought they ask FL residents to get there early to stagger boarding.

Can't wait!!!!!!!

I'd love to get a call like that for my Glory cruise out of Charleston. We are not supposed to board until 5:00, ship doesn't get in until 3:00. :( We are really losing a 1/2 day of our cruise based on our standard boarding time in the past. Don't you think that Carnival should give us some OBC for the inconvenience. :D:D:D Sigh!!!

I'd love to get a call like that for my Glory cruise out of Charleston. We are not supposed to board until 5:00, ship doesn't get in until 3:00. :( We are really losing a 1/2 day of our cruise based on our standard boarding time in the past. Don't you think that Carnival should give us some OBC for the inconvenience. :D:D:D Sigh!!!

You leave later due to the tides!

Archived