alaskian cruise n/a

laurie10

does anyone know if the May 21,2011 cruise to Alaska is sold out? The cruise is leaving from Vancouver on the Radiance. I find it strange that it all the sudden no rooms availble.We are on that cruise I want to make sure its not blocked off or not going before we buy airline tickets. I read on June 3 its going to drydock. thanks

thanks for your post. so far rcl is saying the boat is still going keep my fingers crossed. by the way loved your video.

Just don't go booking airfare for a couple more weeks. A 7 day drydock followed by 7 night cruise followed by 7 day drydock would be a first in RCCL history. The odds go with a 3 week drydock.

does anyone know if the May 21,2011 cruise to Alaska is sold out? The cruise is leaving from Vancouver on the Radiance. I find it strange that it all the sudden no rooms availble.We are on that cruise I want to make sure its not blocked off or not going before we buy airline tickets. I read on June 3 its going to drydock. thanks

Why wouldn't you just go directly to the source and call RCCL ?

does anyone know if the May 21,2011cruise to Alaska is sold out? The cruise is leaving from Vancouver on the Radiance. I find it strange that it all the sudden no rooms availble.We are on that cruise I want to make sure its not blocked off or not going before we buy airline tickets. I read on June 3 its going to drydock. thanks

Radiance is leaving San Diego on May 15 arriving into Vancouver on May 20th. After disembarking passengers it is going into dry dock.

The only cruises listed are the shortened May 15th cruise and the May 27th cruise that shows NA under all cabin categories. There is no cruise leaving Vancouver on May 21, 2011.:confused:

Radiance is leaving San Diego on May 15 arriving into Vancouver on May 20th. After disembarking passengers it is going into dry dock.

The only cruises listed are the shortened May 15th cruise and the May 27th cruise that shows NA under all cabin categories. There is no cruise leaving Vancouver on May 21, 2011.:confused:

It's the may 27th cruise did you say they shortened it?

See above.

No, I said the May 15th cruise was shortened. It was originally a 12 day cruise which has now been shortened to a 5 day cruise......which means it will end on May 20th. It then goes into dry dock and we don't know if the May 27th cruise is still a scheduled cruise or not because the cruise that follows on June 3 has been canceled.

I did they say it's no cancelled.

There is a lot of confusion about this cruise. First we hear the cruise will go and next the cruise is cancelled --- to be honest, I don't think anyone has the whole story yet. Good luck to you.

There is a lot of confusion about this cruise. First we hear the cruise will go and next the cruise is cancelled --- to be honest, I don't think anyone has the whole story yet. Good luck to you.

The only thing that I could think of is that the ship goes into dry dock for 7 days on May 20th..........they replace the azipods and start with interior repairs.

Then they resume cruising on May 27th for one week to test out the new pods and any other exterior repairs they have done while continuing interior maintenance.

Then back into dry dock for another week to complete all projects.

The only thing that I could think of is that the ship goes into dry dock for 7 days on May 20th..........they replace the azipods and start with interior repairs.

Then they resume cruising on May 27th for one week to test out the new pods and any other exterior repairs they have done while continuing interior maintenance.

Then back into dry dock for another week to complete all projects.

Patti, I just got off the phone with RCI --- talked to them for an hour trying to get a resolution to my B2B which also included the May 27th cruise. RCI repeatedly denied, even after checking with other departments that the May 27 cruise is being cancelled. So it is still a go!

Unfortunately for me redeployment person dropped the ball yesterday with my other cruise and now there are no available cabins in the category I needed. I am heartbroken that I had to cancel both cruises --- my celebrations are not one big bust. :(

Karen

Patti, I just got off the phone with RCI --- talked to them for an hour trying to get a resolution to my B2B which also included the May 27th cruise. RCI repeatedly denied, even after checking with other departments that the May 27 cruise is being cancelled. So it is still a go!

Unfortunately for me redeployment person dropped the ball yesterday with my other cruise and now there are no available cabins in the category I needed. I am heartbroken that I had to cancel both cruises --- my celebrations are not one big bust. :(

Karen

I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you looked into any itineraries that Rhapsody might be doing that might appeal to you, I know, I know it's not Radiance, but I hear that the staff and crew are wonderful.

How about the 13 night April 30th cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver on Rhapsody? I know it's pricey, but RCI should do something because they decided to put Radiance into dry dock and shortened/cancel itineraries.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Have you looked into any itineraries that Rhapsody might be doing that might appeal to you, I know, I know it's not Radiance, but I hear that the staff and crew are wonderful.

How about the 13 night April 30th cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver on Rhapsody? I know it's pricey, but RCI should do something because they decided to put Radiance into dry dock and shortened/cancel itineraries.

Patti, I am numb at the moment. We really love the Radiance --- everyone makes us feel like family. Our B2B would have been our 8th time to Alaska and our final trip. Since DH and I met while he worked in Alaska it seem appropriate that we celebrate our 30th anniversary there. While I have heard good things about Rhapsody, we really like the whale excursions out of ISP and that ship does not offer it. As for the Hawaii trip, it does sound lovely, however, too many sea days for DH. Think that distaste goes back to the days when he came over to America on a freighter. :)

RCI wasn't willing to make up for the fact that they dropped the ball on our redeployment offer so I am out of luck on that one. If I hadn't checked on the status who knows when I would have ever found out.

I am not giving up, just a little stunned at the moment; I will find something. In the meantime, I'll rely on a little chocolate to get me through the rest of the day before I break the bad news to DH when he gets home.

Karen

Okay, now I'm confused again. I spoke to Kathleen at Resolutions Redeployment and she said May 27 is cancelled and that I will get a call with an offer and that it will be similar to the offer going for the cancelled June 3 sailing.

So I've been busy switching hotels, tours, etc to a new sail date per my conversation with her.

Patti, I am numb at the moment. We really love the Radiance --- everyone makes us feel like family. Our B2B would have been our 8th time to Alaska and our final trip. Since DH and I met while he worked in Alaska it seem appropriate that we celebrate our 30th anniversary there. While I have heard good things about Rhapsody, we really like the whale excursions out of ISP and that ship does not offer it. As for the Hawaii trip, it does sound lovely, however, too many sea days for DH. Think that distaste goes back to the days when he came over to America on a freighter. :)

RCI wasn't willing to make up for the fact that they dropped the ball on our redeployment offer so I am out of luck on that one. If I hadn't checked on the status who knows when I would have ever found out.

I am not giving up, just a little stunned at the moment; I will find something. In the meantime, I'll rely on a little chocolate to get me through the rest of the day before I break the bad news to DH when he gets home.

Karen

I just returned from the Vancouver-Hawaii Rhapsody cruise on 9/29. You will not regret substituting this ship and itinerary in reverse. We love, love, love the Rhapsody, and the crew are amazing.

I just returned from the Vancouver-Hawaii Rhapsody cruise on 9/29. You will not regret substituting this ship and itinerary in reverse. We love, love, love the Rhapsody, and the crew are amazing.

I am glad that you enjoyed your experience on the Rhapsody. Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the itinerary won't work for us.

Archived