Water Taxi

AtMaui

Friends and I are staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL next month. Where do we board the water taxi? Is it a get on, get off? Or do we pay each time we get on? We'd probably like to get off for lunch and then go back to the hotel.

From Embassy you head straight east toward the waterway. It is probably about 4 or 5 long blocks. You get on the taxi under the 17th. street causeway. You will pay when you get on and then you will get a ticket. You can get off and on as many times that day as you want. Just show them your ticket when you get back on. I heard it was close to $15 now for a days pass. When we stayed at the Embassy we had one of our group that didn't know if they could make the walk to the taxi. The concierge said that for a small fee per person the shuttle would give us a ride there. I think it was $2 per person.

I don't think they take credit cards, cash only. So make sure to have cash with you.

We take the water taxi every time we go to FLL. and love it. Never get tired of the views.

Claudia

From Embassy you head straight east toward the waterway. It is probably about 4 or 5 long blocks. You get on the taxi under the 17th. street causeway. You will pay when you get on and then you will get a ticket. You can get off and on as many times that day as you want. Just show them your ticket when you get back on. I heard it was close to $15 now for a days pass. When we stayed at the Embassy we had one of our group that didn't know if they could make the walk to the taxi. The concierge said that for a small fee per person the shuttle would give us a ride there. I think it was $2 per person.

I don't think they take credit cards, cash only. So make sure to have cash with you.

We take the water taxi every time we go to FLL. and love it. Never get tired of the views.

Claudia

What sort of things can you see from the Water Taxi? How close to shore does the taxi get? We are considering taking it strickly as a sightseeing activity. We love to view beautiful waterfront homes. Is this something that can be viewed from the Water Taxi? Or is there a different type of sightseeing trip we should take? Not familiar with the area.

Yes. you see many, many, beautiful waterfront homes with pools, tennis courts, yachts and grounds surrounding homes. It begins with some of the FLL hotels around the canals and then travels inward. Stops at various locations. Visit the website listed above and see the stops. Boarding is easy and narration is very good. You will really enjoy it.

We have taken the Carrie B. boat tours before also. We saw just about the same stuff we can see on the water taxi, and the water taxi is a lot cheaper and you can get off and on as you please. You will see beautiful mansions, lots of yachts, and hotels. It is a good way to do sightseeing in the Ft. Lauderdale area. They go quite close to shore so you will be able to see everything close up.

Claudia

The Water Taxi is probably one of the most fun things you can do

for the day:) I have taken it many times, most recently last month.

It is 15.00 for the whole day. You can get on and off anytime you want

and there are various stops along the way...lots of shops and restaurants

to choose from depending on which stop you hop on or hop off;)

Pay for the day...start in the morning and go for awhile...you can get

off later if you want and go back on later too...keep the all day ticket

with you:D

It is a "sightseeing activity" and I have to say, personally I love it:D

I met the nicest couple last month and we got off at Shooters and

had drinks together. Then we got back on and ended at the same

final stop. We had a great time!:)

Archived