Offer from Oceania to change our cruise

VIRGINIA ARTIE

Sounds like they are trying to move people with offers so you can have a cabin # ;)

Still time but at least you are on the ship

Lyn

P.S. The daybeds in the Patio area are quite comfy ;) :D

Lyn is always so helpful. :p LOL

I wish I could be so certain...... "O" has all our final payments and I haven't heard of any new cabin assignments being given out yet......There are quite a few of us waiting for cabin assignments. We could always bring our sleeping bags and camp out! We will need sleeping bags because it will be cold sleeping at night on the patio daybeds!

Marion

I wish I could be so certain...... "O" has all our final payments and I haven't heard of any new cabin assignments being given out yet......There are quite a few of us waiting for cabin assignments. We could always bring our sleeping bags and camp out! We will need sleeping bags because it will be cold sleeping at night on the patio daybeds!

Marion

You don't need to worry - it is O's problem. Their problem will mean good good deals for some lucky people, especially if their schedules are flexible.

You don't need to worry - it is O's problem. Their problem will mean good good deals for some lucky people, especially if their schedules are flexible.

They dont usually start making move-off offers until a few weeks before and you my not get a stateroom number until just befire the sailing!

Jancruz1

Marion

I am sure you will not have to sleep on the daybeds unless you choose to. ;)

Final payment has just passed, some may have cancelled & now O will see what cabins they need to shift around

Lyn

Well I've done my part by cancelling. I'm still in mourning....don't know if or when I will recover! We had considered hoping for a buyout but decided we really can't cruise at this time so we're out. :(

Mo

Sorry for your loss, Mo. Take care.

Another Londoner.

Just received another offer to move from our A1 to a PH. Price is still too high. Have made another counter offer.

Don

Just curious what was the offer & to which PH CAT was it 2 or 3 since according to the website PH1 is now sold out

Lyn

Original offer was $750 per person, 2nd offer was $600 per, latest offer is $500 per. They never did specify PH1, PH2 or PH3. My counter offer was for a PH1. I will let everyone know when and if my offer is accepted.

Don

Original offer was $750 per person, 2nd offer was $600 per, latest offer is $500 per. They never did specify PH1, PH2 or PH3. My counter offer was for a PH1. I will let everyone know when and if my offer is accepted.

Don

Hang in there and stay in the game :p You'll eventually get the upgrade for FREE unless someone else caves in first. Good luck!

i was scheduled for the amazon in nov. my husband was very uninterested. after they made the same offer twice, i said if they wanted my cabin that badly, they could let me do the australia/new zealand 2/12 instead. thery went for it. it will be summer there. my husband is happy again. jiszw

Don

Don - which sailing is that?

Marion

Marion, it is the Mayan Mystique on the Regatta sailing on January 12, 2011. If all the PH1s are sold out, I have told our TA that we will only take a PH2 or PH3 if the upsell price is close to zero.

We like our current A1 cabin primarily for the midship location.

Don

I love it. Yes, you can do them a huge favor and take the upgrade and help them out for no additional cost. A man after my own heart.

I am waiting to see what they are going to do with all the Marina Maiden Voyage "guarantee" passengers who are waiting for cabin assignments on this sold out sailing. So far all is quiet.

Good luck!

i was scheduled for the amazon in nov. my husband was very uninterested. after they made the same offer twice, i said if they wanted my cabin that badly, they could let me do the australia/new zealand 2/12 instead. thery went for it. it will be summer there. my husband is happy again. jiszw

For the same price ? Or did you get a refund & rebook?

I am watching this thread with optimism, thinking that soon the offers will start for our March Mayan Mystique cruise. :)

Is your cruise sold out also??

Business must be good if they sell out most of the sailings ;)

Lyn

Sorry for the late reply. We were contacted 3 times after final payment about changing our cruise due to overbooking. We had a cabin assignment for months before this happened.

Oceania just kept upping the ante until some people cancelled (including one gentleman who had made private tour arrangements for us in Bordeaux.) Some people moved to other cruises, some were moved to other cabins (downgrades for cash back or future cruise credit.) Oceania says they won't "involuntarily" bump people, they just keep greasing the wheels until someone bites.

Archived