Inaugural Book & Plate?

bepsf

I've noticed that typically within a couple weeks after a HAL Inaugural, there will be a number of listings on eBay for inaugural plates, books, etc - Likely from TA's who are given these after the festivities....

...but this time I've not seen any posted.

Did HAL not provide these items for this Nieuw Amsterdam inaugural?

You know Brian I have thought the same thing :confused: I really want an Inaugural Plate. I always manage to get a plate either as a gift or eBay for each ship HAL we have been on and since in March we will be on the NA I have been seriously looking for one. The owners of the company I work for were the Nieuw Amsterdam Mariner Ambassadors and they did give me one of the large Delft Tiles which was very generous of them but they told me that they had gotten two plates but one of them broke when they arrived home. I am wondering if that might be the problem that these plates were not as good a quality and many of them broke. They had said they packed them both really good and never had the problem before.

You know Brian I have thought the same thing :confused: I really want an Inaugural Plate. I always manage to get a plate either as a gift or eBay for each ship HAL we have been on and since in March we will be on the NA I have been seriously looking for one. The owners of the company I work for were the Nieuw Amsterdam Mariner Ambassadors and they did give me one of the large Delft Tiles which was very generous of them but they told me that they had gotten two plates but one of them broke when they arrived home. I am wondering if that might be the problem that these plates were not as good a quality and many of them broke. They had said they packed them both really good and never had the problem before.

Guests of the inaugural were given plates and the large inaugural tiles. There was no inaugural book this time however.

The plates are packed the same way they always have been and are the same quality (same company as always)

Hope that answers some of the Q's

Guests of the inaugural were given plates and the large inaugural tiles. There was no inaugural book this time however.

The plates are packed the same way they always have been and are the same quality (same company as always)

DBA but that does not mean that maybe a batch of the plates when fired were in the Kiln too long or too short, there can always be a batch of anything that might not be as in the past. I am just saying that it is possible and that could be the reason you are not seeing any for sale on eBay since there could be fewer of them. It has always been very easy to pick up a plate from an Inaugural. I guess it is possible they did not hand out as many either. :confused:

DBA but that does not mean that maybe a batch of the plates when fired were in the Kiln too long or too short, there can always be a batch of anything that might not be as in the past. I am just saying that it is possible and that could be the reason you are not seeing any for sale on eBay since there could be fewer of them. It has always been very easy to pick up a plate from an Inaugural. I guess it is possible they did not hand out as many either. :confused:

Or maybe someone dropped that plate ;)

No book given out perhaps, but don't all the ships put these books in the cabins?

I was given one for the Noordam Inaugural, and the Eurodam maiden call in NYC. They are so full of ads, that I doubt they cost the line much if anything.

I have the Nieuw Amsterdam Inaugural plate and tile, but sorry Brian, I'm not selling. I'll ask my source if there is another set for you if you'd like. Just e-mail me if you'd like me to do so. I can send you the menu from my source's dinner with Princess Maxima and some "Inaugural" confetti. :D

Thanks for the replies, All.

Yes, ME - If you wouldn't mind asking...

;)

Does anyone have photos of the plate/tile they can post here?

I have to say that I'm VERY surprised that HAL didn't put out a book this time - after all, there's much more that's special and of interest about this ship than the last one...

:cool:

No book given out perhaps, but don't all the ships put these books in the cabins?

I was given one for the Noordam Inaugural, and the Eurodam maiden call in NYC. They are so full of ads, that I doubt they cost the line much if anything.

We have a number of the books for various HAL ships and I enjoy having them. Every now and then I leaf through Noordam, Eurodam......whichever. We display the plates along a buffet counter in our family room.

Thanks for the replies, All.

Yes, ME - If you wouldn't mind asking...

;)

Does anyone have photos of the plate/tile they can post here?

I have to say that I'm VERY surprised that HAL didn't put out a book this time - after all, there's much more that's special and of interest about this ship than the last one...

:cool:

Here you go Brian, this is the tile.

SNC00011.jpg.6d01519e243da64dd58a84a9a4509e55.jpg

We have a number of the books for various HAL ships and I enjoy having them. Every now and then I leaf through Noordam, Eurodam......whichever. We display the plates along a buffet counter in our family room.

I know you have one for the Noordam.....I watched you pour champagne (or was it water?) over the bell!;):cool:

Yes we received the beautiful Delft Blue plates and the special tiles.

We flew back to Holland from Venice and from Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport)

to the U.S.A. after staying in the Netherlands for a couple of days.

Yes I had the plates in my carry on and they made it in one piece.

They were packed very well.

Sorry,but we will not sell them.

Anneke

I also asked about the N.A. inaugural plate a few weeks ago. Same thing, had been looking at e-bay but nothing there.

But I am hoping one day we will get one.

I have accumulated a complete set of inaugural plates, one for each current ship, as well as several from extended cruises, but have not seen one available for NA. Perhaps in a few weeks or months we'll see them start popping up.

They take up the better part of a dining room wall in the house at the farm.

Nice memories from some. Unique collectables all.

I've noticed that typically within a couple weeks after a HAL Inaugural, there will be a number of listings on eBay for inaugural plates, books, etc - Likely from TA's who are given these after the festivities....

...but this time I've not seen any posted.

Did HAL not provide these items for this Nieuw Amsterdam inaugural?

There IS and will be no inaugural book for the NIEUW AMSTERDAM. The plate exists

Archived