White hot party goes PINK....

Got Tequila?

Norwegian Parties in Pink to Promote Breast Cancer Awareness

Norwegian's fleet-wide White Hot Party turns pink for the month of October

Miami - Oct 14, 2010 --- Norwegian Cruise Line announced today that their popular fleet-wide White Hot Party, the line's signature dance party, on board its Freestyle Cruising ships turns pink for the month of October to help commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

The White Hot Party is a heavenly theme party held on board Norwegian's ships where guests come dressed in head-to-toe white. The party's Angel Dancers keep the crowd moving late into the night in spectacular venues including the aft outdoor beach club Spice H2O on Norwegian Epic; Norwegian Sky's vast pool deck, as well as the Bliss Ultra Lounge. The party takes place once per cruise and features specialty cocktails such as the Angeltini and the Heavenly Coladatini.

The usual White Hot Party t-shirts sold in the on-board gift shops will be available in the well-known pink color to help spread the word on fighting breast cancer. The limited edition Pink Hot Party t-shirts will be available on board throughout the month of October for $18 each with a portion of the proceeds being donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for the Cure Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

"Breast cancer affects more than 1.3 million women a year, so it is a cause that continues to need attention and one that everyone can support," said Kevin Sheehan, chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line. "It's a great way for our ships, crew and guests to all be a part of spreading awareness."

Nine of the line's 11 Freestyle Cruising ships are participating, including: Norwegian Dawn, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sky, Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Star, Norwegian Sun and Pride of America.

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is dedicated to the education and research about causes, treatment and the search for a cure. They have invested over $1.5 billion in finding a cure for breast cancer.

Big thumbs up for this. Although it seems odd that they don't announce the month long pink party until halfway through the month.

I'm going to miss this by a few days :( it would have been awesome to get a Pink Hot Party t-shirt.

Bummer! Our WHP on the SUN on Thursday didn't have a pink hue, it was still white and people wearing sheets. Bad thing was it was out on the pool deck and at that point we were going through rain, so it moved down into Dazzles Disco and at that point I went back to the cabin and went to bed. ;)

I hope they are going to do this yearly. Will be on the Star next October for 15 days through the Panama. How much fun that Pink theme would be, and what a wonderful way to raise $ for a cure!!!!:p

Does anyone know if they did do this in the past October cruises????

I hope they are going to do this yearly. Will be on the Star next October for 15 days through the Panama. How much fun that Pink theme would be, and what a wonderful way to raise $ for a cure!!!!:p

Does anyone know if they did do this in the past October cruises????

This is the first I have heard about this, I don't think it has been done in the past.

The Gem and the Jade are still sailing in Europe so NCL may have decided not to ship the special pink T-shirts over to Europe, especially as it seems to be only for the second half of October. Perhaps if NCL had been more organised, the T-shirts could have been shipped over to Europe in plenty of time.

I would hope that NCL decide to do this each October and to include all their fleet in future years.

This is a great idea! Previously, we sailed with NCL in October and it was a White Hot Party, not pink. That being said, it is definately a new idea and one that would be nice to continue from year-to-year. Thumbs up NCL, nicely done! :)

My husband and I are heading out on the Jewel on 10/24. Does anyone know if this is still going on? I just got 2 pink shirts for us. Should I still pack some white? I don't want to be the only one there in pink.

Anyone???

Yes, this is still going on. I just got off the Jewel on Sunday and we had the white/pink party. It was a blast! It was great to see so many people wearing the t-shirts supporting the cause. I took 2 home; 1 for myself and 1 for my mom whom is a breast cancer survivor :)

Yes, this is still going on. I just got off the Jewel on Sunday and we had the white/pink party. It was a blast! It was great to see so many people wearing the t-shirts supporting the cause. I took 2 home; 1 for myself and 1 for my mom whom is a breast cancer survivor :)

Did they ask if there were any survivors on the cruise that night???

Archived