Please describe what is served at Windjammer

EMED2010

Cruising on Brilliance in 10 days and was wondering what to expect in the Windjammer. My husband is looking for buffalo wings. I understand from other posts that you can usually get them at Seaview EXCEPT on Brilliance where they have pizza and panini's. Does the Windjammer have them? Also curious as to what the Windjammer actually has. Thanks!

I have never seen wings. Too me, it is your basic type of buffet food. Some items better than others.

I can only judge by the Windjammer on Serenade OTS in January 2010 but overall the quality and selection of the foods is much better than your "typical" buffet. And I don't live in a small town and have nothing to judge it against.

First the WJ is laid out in islands which expedites the flow of people. There are rarely long single lines except for some made-to-order items.

Let's consider lunch. First they have a salad bar with all sorts of additional items to add like real bacon bits. DW loved this every day. Everything fresh and crisp.

There is a pasta bar with several types of pasta and different sauces. The pizza is usually in that area.

There is a sandwich island where they will make made to order sandwiches. There are premade heroes such as tuna subs (these are amazing whatever they put in them).

There is an island with a carving board with an item like a ham or brisket being carved. There are items like beef stew and chicken breasts on that island.

There is a vegetarian hot food section with Indian and Thai style food.

There is a serving area for hamburgers with fixings and hot dogs.

There is an island that has all deli meats and cheeses. You can usualy find smoked salmon and smoked whitefish there.

Then there is the desert island with all sorts of cakes, cookies, puddings and sugar free deserts. There is a soft-serve ice cream machine available.

There is a beverage bar for soda, ice tea, water and lemonade. There are also waiters going around offering small bottles of wine for sale. Coffee and tea also available.

You sit in an area with views of the ocean. On Serenade they have an area in the aft section which is open air.

Other than that it is your typical buffet. It is impossible not to find several items that you will really like.

Maybe this varies from ship to ship but on Serenade it is outstanding.

Thank you for the opportunity to rave about WJ. Hubbie and I are fresh off the boat from the Jewel. We ate many evening meals in the WJ as we were MTD and chose to avoid the dinning room as we were worn out from the POC.

In order to keep from gaining weight, I like WJ for the fresh salad items, soups and finger sandwiches. They have a Mongolian grill at the back of the WJ that changes throughout the cruise to Indian, Japanese, etc. So, fresh stir-fry there. On the other side of that grill area, you can have made-to-order steak, seafood, etc. You point to what you want and then wait a bit to have it freshly cooked. DH loved his steaks that way. There is a great cold meat selection, like prosciutto. Just soo delish.

I loved the fresh slices of prime rib and turkey that I got. This way, I avoid the high-calorie sauces that come with the main dinning room. For dessert, we splurged and had some sugar-free cookies and/or fruit.

On POC mornings, we ordered room service. I learned you can hand write smoked salmon onto the menu form. We ate that several mornings to avoid the rush in the WJ. It was tasty and on time. We tipped $5 each morning. We also ate lunch while in POC (seafood), so only wanted a light dinner in the evening, while sipping our brew and enjoying the sea view. So relaxing. Hope this helps. :D

Archived