1st timers taking 2 older teens

mcouture

The wife and I are thinking about taking our first cruise and taking our two girls, ages 14 and 18.

We're looking cruising the caribbean on the NCL Spirit leaving out of New Orleans this February.

I am worried that the kids will get bored. Is there enough for the girls to do?

I too am somewhat worried about being bored. I'm not much of a socialite or boater. The wife and kids absolutely want to go so I am willing to try it.

Any tips for us?

Oh my...if your kids get "bored" on a cruise, there's really no hope for them! They will have so much to do, you'll probably never see them!

A cruise ship is like being at a resort hotel....but you end up in different places everyday. It's not like being on a fishing boat....it's a HUGE ship, and there's plenty to do, or not...your choice!

Give it a try...there's something for everyone, and every activity level!

In my experience last year with four grandsons in tow ranging from 15 to 19, in about 15 min. they disappeared. The only time we saw them was at dinner. Girls? Just what my boys were interested in. ;)

With all activities aboard that run the gamut of ages, there is no lack of something to do. The kids tend to gravitate to the activites that they enjoy and many friendships seem to come easy to them. The same goes for the adults. Be as busy or as laid back as you like.

May sound a little goofy but, we all do our own things. If we happen to be on the same tour, great. If not it gives us more to talk about and more pictures to share. It gives people a chance to individualize their life for a few days and gain their own perspective. Don't worry, be happy.

The wife and I are thinking about taking our first cruise and taking our two girls, ages 14 and 18.....

....... Any tips for us?

1. Go on the cruise.

2. Go to the NCL boards and read up. Join the roll call for your specific cruise.

Everyone will hava a great time.

We have a cruise planned for next summer. My Grandson is a seasoned cruiser, but his friend has never been on a cruise. We don't expect to see them much except at dinner each night. We have insisted they join us in the MDR. We enjoy breakfast in the MDR. My Grandson has already explained that they will prefer the Windjammer or Johnny Rockets for breakfast. They will take advantage of the FlowRider, rock-climbing wall, basketball court, pool, mini-golf, arcade, etc. We expect to occasionally see them in passing on the ship. We have also explained that they will not be getting off the ship in the ports on-their-own. They have no problem with that rule either. As my Grandson has explained, he has seen Locked Up Abroad :eek: and will make sure his friend has an opportunity to see it before we sail. I'm sure all of you will have a wonderful time and will want to plan another cruise as soon as you return.

Archived