Best Shore Excursions on the PG 7 Day?

erenner

Can anyone suggest which are the most worthwhile shore excursions on the PG 7 Day Society Islands cruise? We will be on honeymoon and don't necessarily want to book that many- just the most worthwhile ones.

Also, do you have to pay and/or make reservations to use the jet ski's off the ship's platform?

Finally, any comments on the spa?

We booked late (b/c our Regent Mediterranean Cruise was cancelled due to mechanical!) so we could really use some advice.

We leave Wed for Tahiti & the ship sails on the 23rd.

Feel bad that you were one of those who lost their cruise.

However, do not feel bad that you have chosen the PG instead. I absolutely adore it and the service is wonderful. I find the service better than the other Regent ships and am told that although no longer part of Regent the service is till excellent.

A safari type tour is recommended for both Bora Bora and Moorea. The views are wonderful.

People love the Dolphin tour with Dr Poole.

I believe that there is a jet ski tour around Bora bora

Do not miss:

Lectures given by Mark Eddowes

A visit to the Bora Bora motu - stunning views and crystal waters

Envy you - I will have to wait until next June for my next PG trip.

I agree, if you want to limit the expense of excursions, the Bora Bora motu is stunning--take your camera. Also the day at Taha'a, Motu Mahana is great fun, and included at no cost.

My favourite ship's excursion is the stingray ballet in Bora Bora, if you like the water.

You take the jetskis from elsewhere, if you do that excursion. My friend took the one in Moorea and liked it.

Have a great time, sorry about the cancelled Voyager trip, but you will love French Polynesia--perfect for a honeymoon!

I agree, if you want to limit the expense of excursions, the Bora Bora motu is stunning--take your camera. Also the day at Taha'a, Motu Mahana is great fun, and included at no cost.

My favourite ship's excursion is the stingray ballet in Bora Bora, if you like the water.

You take the jetskis from elsewhere, if you do that excursion. My friend took the one in Moorea and liked it.

Have a great time, sorry about the cancelled Voyager trip, but you will love French Polynesia--perfect for a honeymoon!

Welcome erenner!

We will see you onboard this Saturday.

Go to the roll-call and read the posts from our group.

I take it that the boat is not filled to capacity, if you were able to get a cabin at this late date.

If you want to book excursions thru PG, you can do it onboard, or can do it now, on the PG website.

There are alot of choices for private excursions, and I am sure you will be able to join in any that you might find interesting. I have done a little searching, and it seems that the days that we will be at each port, there won't be any other ships there...so it won't be too crowded. Thank Goodness!

We still have 2 seats available on our 4x4 Safari Tour on 10/27, on BoraBora, if that might interest you. Get the info on the rollcall and let me know.

So glad to have a nice group gathered for our trip to paradise.

See you soon!

~~Carol and Paul

Archived